Color settings start page and "inform box" - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Color settings start page and "inform box" - Mozilla ; Hi! I'm trying to change my color settings but cannot find where/how. System: Thunderbird/icedove version 2.0.0.12 (20080420) (debian 2.6.22-3-amd64). My color scheme is black/white. Meaning white foreground text and black background. It works all fine, but: 1.) My "start page" ...

  1. Color settings start page and "inform box"

    Hi!
    I'm trying to change my color settings but cannot find where/how.
    System: Thunderbird/icedove version 2.0.0.12 (20080420) (debian
    2.6.22-3-amd64).
    My color scheme is black/white. Meaning white foreground text and black
    background. It works all fine, but:
    1.) My "start page" of icedove ist still white bg and
    black fg. I could not find a place to change it. Even not in the
    advanced config.
    2.) I would love to change the color of the "inform box" -> the little
    tyke telling you having new mail and popping always up on the left
    corner. It is still white bg and black fg. So a can't really read it or
    see anything.
    I'm living with it since years. But today semms a good day for seeking
    help. Please help, if you can ;-)
    Thanks
    Martin

  2. Re: Color settings start page and "inform box"

    Martin A. Noeske wrote, On 05/14/2008 02:44 PM:

    > 2.) I would love to change the color of the "inform box" -> the little
    > tyke telling you having new mail and popping always up on the left
    > corner. It is still white bg and black fg. So a can't really read it or
    > see anything.

    Close Thunderbird .
    Goto Thunderbird profile folder that you are currently using.
    Open ( or create if doesn't exist ) chrome folder.
    Open ( or create if doesn't exist ) userChrome.css file in your word editor.
    Type/copy this into file

    #alertContainer
    {
    background-color: black !important;
    color: white !important;
    }

    Save file.
    Start Thunderbird . Send a mail to yourself and see if it works as you
    expect .

+ Reply to Thread