When using IMAP, is it possible to change the display name of a folder
on the local machine only, leaving the name of the folder on the server
untouched?

I have five mail accounts configured, and all of them have the same
base set of folders (Inbox, Trash, etc). I want to add all of the
Inbox folders to my list of Favorite Folders, but they all show up as
"Inbox". Yet, when I have mail in them they show up in the Unread
Folders list with the account name added, making it possible to
identify which one is which.

Thunderbird 2.0.0.14 in Windows.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"In my opinion, the presence of pfingle eggs aboard this installation
might present a serious hazard." (Mr. Garibaldi, B5 "Believers")