When using IMAP, is it possible to change the display name of a folder
on the local machine only, leaving the name of the folder on the server

I have five mail accounts configured, and all of them have the same
base set of folders (Inbox, Trash, etc). I want to add all of the
Inbox folders to my list of Favorite Folders, but they all show up as
"Inbox". Yet, when I have mail in them they show up in the Unread
Folders list with the account name added, making it possible to
identify which one is which.

Thunderbird in Windows.

Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"In my opinion, the presence of pfingle eggs aboard this installation
might present a serious hazard." (Mr. Garibaldi, B5 "Believers")