How to suppress header lines in forward? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How to suppress header lines in forward? - Mozilla ; When I forward an email, the email starts out with about 20 fairly ugly header lines. Is there a way to suppress that once and for all? In my case the header should never be shown in the body of ...

  1. How to suppress header lines in forward?

    When I forward an email, the email starts out with about 20 fairly ugly header lines. Is there a way to suppress that once and for all? In my case the header should never be shown in the body of the message.

  2. Re: How to suppress header lines in forward?

    * Paul wrote, On 5/9/2008 11:27:
    > When I forward an email, the email starts out with about 20 fairly ugly header lines. Is there a way to suppress that once and for all? In my case the header should never be shown in the body of the message.

    Did you try right clicking? I have several options to reply, reply all,
    forward with attachments -- not certain, but if you don't have that,
    perhaps it's been added by an extension -- Let me know and I'll find out
    which.
    Miles

  3. Re: How to suppress header lines in forward?

    On 09-05-2008 20:27 CET, Paul composed this enchanting statement:
    > When I forward an email, the email starts out with about 20 fairly ugly header lines. Is there a way to suppress that once and for all? In my case the header should never be shown in the body of the message.

    On the View menu, select Headers, and select Normal (or None, but not
    All). Thereafter, start your composition of a mail message, reply or
    forward.

    --
    Cheers,
    Melchert

  4. Re: How to suppress header lines in forward?

    >> When I forward an email, the email starts out with about 20 fairly
    >> ugly header lines. Is there a way to suppress that once and for all?
    >> In my case the header should never be shown in the body of the message.

    > Did you try right clicking? I have several options to reply, reply all,
    > forward with attachments -- not certain, but if you don't have that,
    > perhaps it's been added by an extension -- Let me know and I'll find out
    > which.
    > Miles

    Headers --> normal helps due to fewer lines.

  5. Re: How to suppress header lines in forward?

    * Miles wrote, On 5/9/2008 11:41:
    > * Paul wrote, On 5/9/2008 11:27:
    >> When I forward an email, the email starts out with about 20 fairly
    >> ugly header lines. Is there a way to suppress that once and for all?
    >> In my case the header should never be shown in the body of the message.

    > Did you try right clicking? I have several options to reply, reply all,
    > forward with attachments -- not certain, but if you don't have that,
    > perhaps it's been added by an extension -- Let me know and I'll find out
    > which.
    > Miles

    Sorry, Paul this as in reply to your prior question regarding forwarding
    images.
    Miles

  6. Re: How to suppress header lines in forward?

    * Paul wrote, On 5/9/2008 11:27:
    > When I forward an email, the email starts out with about 20 fairly ugly header lines. Is there a way to suppress that once and for all? In my case the header should never be shown in the body of the message.

    As Melchert said, view your headers as "normal," then you will only have
    a few lines in your msg being forwarded. The box containing those
    lines is easily eliminated by clicking on it and hitting delete.
    Miles

+ Reply to Thread