This is a discussion on Mark as "Unread"? - Mozilla ; Sometimes a message ends up being marked as "read," probably because I have it highlighted for a couple hours or something. Is there a way to take it back to "unread"? -- Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott...

    --

    Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott

  2. Re: Mark as "Unread"?

    Mike Rocket J Squirrel keyboarded, On 5/9/2008 12:14 PM :
    > Sometimes a message ends up being marked as "read," probably because I
    > have it highlighted for a couple hours or something. Is there a way to
    > take it back to "unread"?

    Yes, one of the col you can have in the thread pane is the indicator
    mail read/unread toggle.

    --
    Ron K.

  3. Re: Mark as "Unread"?

    Mike Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
    > Sometimes a message ends up being marked as "read," probably because I
    > have it highlighted for a couple hours or something. Is there a way to
    > take it back to "unread"?

    You can:
    * Press `M' (assuming en-US locale)
    * Push the gray dot in the glasses-column in the thread pane
    * Right click, and select Mark -> As Read
    * Message -> Mark -> As Read

    I have a feeling that I may have missed another way...

  4. Re: Mark as "Unread"?

    Mike Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
    > Sometimes a message ends up being marked as "read," probably because I
    > have it highlighted for a couple hours or something. Is there a way to
    > take it back to "unread"?

    Click the dot to the left of the Sender name in the message list pane.
    Alternatively, just press "M" to toggle between the two.

  5. Re: Mark as "Unread"?

    On 5/9/2008 9:30 AM Joshua Cranmer wrote:

    > Mike Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
    >> Sometimes a message ends up being marked as "read," probably because I
    >> have it highlighted for a couple hours or something. Is there a way to
    >> take it back to "unread"?

    > You can:
    > * Press `M' (assuming en-US locale)
    > * Push the gray dot in the glasses-column in the thread pane
    > * Right click, and select Mark -> As Read
    > * Message -> Mark -> As Read
    >
    > I have a feeling that I may have missed another way...

    Oh shoot -- I didn't realize that Mark -> As Read was a toggle.

    Thanks!

    --

    Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott

  6. Re: Mark as "Unread"?

    Mike Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
    > On 5/9/2008 9:30 AM Joshua Cranmer wrote:
    >
    >> Mike Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
    >>> Sometimes a message ends up being marked as "read," probably because I
    >>> have it highlighted for a couple hours or something. Is there a way to
    >>> take it back to "unread"?

    >> You can:
    >> * Press `M' (assuming en-US locale)
    >> * Push the gray dot in the glasses-column in the thread pane
    >> * Right click, and select Mark -> As Read
    >> * Message -> Mark -> As Read
    >>
    >> I have a feeling that I may have missed another way...

    > Oh shoot -- I didn't realize that Mark -> As Read was a toggle.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Don't you just hate it when the simple stuff is, uh...simple?

    Glad that never happens to me several times a day.

    -G

  7. Re: Mark as "Unread"?

    Tarkus wrote:
    > Mike Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
    >> Sometimes a message ends up being marked as "read," probably because I
    >> have it highlighted for a couple hours or something. Is there a way to
    >> take it back to "unread"?

    > Click the dot to the left of the Sender name in the message list pane.
    > Alternatively, just press "M" to toggle between the two.

    I use the Mark icon in the toolbar, its a toggle

+ Reply to Thread