Allow Remote HTML images - Alternate email address - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Allow Remote HTML images - Alternate email address - Mozilla ; I have TB 2.0.0.14 with Windows XP SP2. I don't want to load images in all HTML messages, only for those addresses I have approved by checking the box in my address book 'Allow remote images in HTML mail'. My ...

  1. Allow Remote HTML images - Alternate email address

    I have TB 2.0.0.14 with Windows XP SP2.

    I don't want to load images in all HTML messages, only for those
    addresses I have approved by checking the box in my address book 'Allow
    remote images in HTML mail'.

    My problem is that if I have a contact with two addresses, call them
    primary@example.com and alternate@example.com, the 'Allow remote images'
    setting only works for primary@example.com not for alternate@example.com.

    If I click the link to always load images from this user, it tries
    creating a new address book card for that email address, even though I
    already have that address listed in an old card under alternate email.

    Is this a bug or am I missing something? Shouldn't remote images load
    for both primary@example.com AND alternate@example.com or do I really
    need to create separate cards for all of them?

  2. Re: Allow Remote HTML images - Alternate email address

    On 08-05-2008 23:28 CET, R F composed this enchanting statement:
    > I have TB 2.0.0.14 with Windows XP SP2.
    >
    > I don't want to load images in all HTML messages, only for those
    > addresses I have approved by checking the box in my address book
    > 'Allow remote images in HTML mail'.
    >
    > My problem is that if I have a contact with two addresses, call them
    > primary@example.com and alternate@example.com, the 'Allow remote
    > images' setting only works for primary@example.com not for
    > alternate@example.com.
    >
    > If I click the link to always load images from this user, it tries
    > creating a new address book card for that email address, even though I
    > already have that address listed in an old card under alternate email.

    ",it tries creating ..."? What is the outcome of that?

    > Is this a bug or am I missing something? Shouldn't remote images load
    > for both primary@example.com AND alternate@example.com or do I really
    > need to create separate cards for all of them?

    I believe that the alternate e-mail address is not checked for remote
    images to be displayed. Some may say that it is working as designed; I
    have no strong opinion on that, at present. May be, others will comment
    on that.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert