userchrome - Mozilla

This is a discussion on userchrome - Mozilla ; Mandriva Linux Free 2008.1 Win XP Pro Hi, Under TB in Win XP, I have a Chrome folder with a userchromme.css file that I can edit to make some of the folders change color when a new message arrives. For ...

  1. userchrome

    Mandriva Linux Free 2008.1
    Win XP Pro

    Hi,

    Under TB in Win XP, I have a Chrome folder with a userchromme.css file
    that I can edit to make some of the folders change color when a new
    message arrives.

    For example:

    /* ---- font change color - new mail in the left (accounts) pane ----
    */ /* custom color #00c4c4, #0000ff */
    treechildren:-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, newMessages-true)
    { color: #0000ff !important; }

    /* ---- to make the account name in a colour when new messages arrive ---
    */
    treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, biffState-
    NewMail, isServer-true),
    treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, specialFolder-
    Inbox, newMessages-true) { font-weight: bold !important; color: #0000ff !
    important; }

    In my Linux profile, I do NOT have any Chrome Folder/Directory (!)

    I find that rather odd--how can I apply the fix above in TB Linux?

    Create the folder/directory called Chrome and copy over the files inside
    the Chrome folder from the Windows XP profile?

    Or just write a new userchrome.css inside the newly created directory
    Chrome and add the hack above?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: userchrome

    On Thu, 08 May 2008 13:44:50 -0500, stef wrote:

    > Mandriva Linux Free 2008.1
    > Win XP Pro
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > Under TB in Win XP, I have a Chrome folder with a userchromme.css file
    > that I can edit to make some of the folders change color when a new
    > message arrives.
    >
    > For example:
    >
    > /* ---- font change color - new mail in the left (accounts) pane ---- */
    > /* custom color #00c4c4, #0000ff */
    > treechildren:-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, newMessages-true)
    > { color: #0000ff !important; }
    >
    > /* ---- to make the account name in a colour when new messages arrive
    > --- */
    > treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, biffState-
    > NewMail, isServer-true),
    > treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, specialFolder-
    > Inbox, newMessages-true) { font-weight: bold !important; color: #0000ff
    > ! important; }
    >
    > In my Linux profile, I do NOT have any Chrome Folder/Directory (!)
    >
    > I find that rather odd--how can I apply the fix above in TB Linux?
    >
    > Create the folder/directory called Chrome and copy over the files inside
    > the Chrome folder from the Windows XP profile?
    >
    > Or just write a new userchrome.css inside the newly created directory
    > Chrome and add the hack above?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I created the directory chrome and then copied over the userchrome.css
    and usercontent.css (both of which were very small and applicable to my
    Linux TB as well.)

    Works just fine.

  3. Re: userchrome

    stef keyboarded, On 5/8/2008 3:07 PM :
    > On Thu, 08 May 2008 13:44:50 -0500, stef wrote:
    >

    >> Mandriva Linux Free 2008.1
    >> Win XP Pro
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Under TB in Win XP, I have a Chrome folder with a userchromme.css file
    >> that I can edit to make some of the folders change color when a new
    >> message arrives.
    >>
    >> For example:
    >>
    >> /* ---- font change color - new mail in the left (accounts) pane ---- */
    >> /* custom color #00c4c4, #0000ff */
    >> treechildren:-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, newMessages-true)
    >> { color: #0000ff !important; }
    >>
    >> /* ---- to make the account name in a colour when new messages arrive
    >> --- */
    >> treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, biffState-
    >> NewMail, isServer-true),
    >> treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, specialFolder-
    >> Inbox, newMessages-true) { font-weight: bold !important; color: #0000ff
    >> ! important; }
    >>
    >> In my Linux profile, I do NOT have any Chrome Folder/Directory (!)
    >>
    >> I find that rather odd--how can I apply the fix above in TB Linux?
    >>
    >> Create the folder/directory called Chrome and copy over the files inside
    >> the Chrome folder from the Windows XP profile?
    >>
    >> Or just write a new userchrome.css inside the newly created directory
    >> Chrome and add the hack above?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > I created the directory chrome and then copied over the userchrome.css
    > and usercontent.css (both of which were very small and applicable to my
    > Linux TB as well.)
    >
    > Works just fine.

    An extension tool that is an aid to editing user chrome and content
    files isd MR Teck Local Install. It adds menu items to the Tools Menu
    and permits assigning an external text editor for both JS and CSS files
    in the profile. Since it is profile centric, it knows where to save
    userChrome.css, etc. As side benefit is it provides an about:config
    button for the toolbar that saves digging into the Options/Preferences
    dialog.

    --
    Ron K.

  4. Re: userchrome

    On 08-05-2008 20:44 CET, stef composed this enchanting statement:
    > Mandriva Linux Free 2008.1
    > Win XP Pro
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > Under TB in Win XP, I have a Chrome folder with a userchromme.css file
    > that I can edit to make some of the folders change color when a new
    > message arrives.
    >
    > For example:
    >

    > In my Linux profile, I do NOT have any Chrome Folder/Directory (!)

    The Thunderbird user profile used to have a folder named Chrome,
    initially filled with the two samples, 'userChrome-example.css' and
    'userContent-example.css'. They can be copied and renamed to
    userChrome.css and userContent.css, respectively.
    > I find that rather odd--how can I apply the fix above in TB Linux?
    >
    > Create the folder/directory called Chrome and copy over the files inside
    > the Chrome folder from the Windows XP profile?
    >
    > Or just write a new userchrome.css inside the newly created directory
    > Chrome and add the hack above?
    >
    > Thanks.

    You may find this extension worthwhile:

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  5. Re: userchrome

    On Thu, 08 May 2008 16:40:20 -0400, Ron K. wrote:

    > An extension tool that is an aid to editing user chrome and content
    > files isd MR Teck Local Install. It adds menu items to the Tools Menu
    > and permits assigning an external text editor for both JS and CSS files
    > in the profile. Since it is profile centric, it knows where to save
    > userChrome.css, etc. As side benefit is it provides an about:config
    > button for the toolbar that saves digging into the Options/Preferences
    > dialog.

    Already have it installed Ron--but it is a bit off topic.

+ Reply to Thread