Help - Vcard Edit Problems - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Help - Vcard Edit Problems - Mozilla ; When I go to Tools, Account Settings,and Edit vcard under my primary account, the email address on the card is obsolete. When I correct it the change disappears the next time I go back to edit again. Also, if I ...

  1. Help - Vcard Edit Problems

    When I go to Tools, Account Settings,and Edit vcard under my primary
    account, the email address on the card is obsolete. When I correct it
    the change disappears the next time I go back to edit again. Also, if I
    uncheck Attach Vcard, this change doesn't stick. So when the vcard goes
    out it has an address that is 2 years out of date.

    What do I do?

  2. Re: Help - Vcard Edit Problems

    gNeandr wrote:
    > On 07.05.2008 23:14 » Tom Eversole« wrote:
    >> When I go to Tools, Account Settings,and Edit vcard under my primary
    >> account, the email address on the card is obsolete. When I correct it
    >> the change disappears the next time I go back to edit again. Also, if
    >> I uncheck Attach Vcard, this change doesn't stick. So when the vcard
    >> goes out it has an address that is 2 years out of date.
    >>
    >> What do I do?

    > Just to understand what you do:
    > You are using the "Account Setting" and there you enable the option
    > "Attach vCard to message" and with that screen you also open the "Edit
    > vCard". This enables you to edit all the required fields.
    > Is that what you do??
    >
    > That specific vCard seems to me not to be part of the TB addressbook!
    > You can add that one to the addressbook, but if you change any field in
    > the addressbook, it will NOT change the vCard you have configured with
    > the Account Settings! That's what I understand from working with it.
    >
    > So you have to edit it with the "Account Setting". Please recheck to be
    > sure.
    > Günter

    The problem is that I can't edit with Account Setting. Can't uncheck the
    "Attach vcard" and can't change the email address through Edit vcard.
    I change them momentarily but the revert.

    Tried uninstalling and reinstalling TB but that didn't help. Any
    suggestions?

  3. Re: Help - Vcard Edit Problems

    Tom Eversole keyboarded, On 5/7/2008 6:45 PM :
    > gNeandr wrote:
    >> On 07.05.2008 23:14 » Tom Eversole« wrote:
    >>> When I go to Tools, Account Settings,and Edit vcard under my primary
    >>> account, the email address on the card is obsolete. When I correct
    >>> it the change disappears the next time I go back to edit again.
    >>> Also, if I uncheck Attach Vcard, this change doesn't stick. So when
    >>> the vcard goes out it has an address that is 2 years out of date.
    >>>
    >>> What do I do?

    >> Just to understand what you do:
    >> You are using the "Account Setting" and there you enable the option
    >> "Attach vCard to message" and with that screen you also open the
    >> "Edit vCard". This enables you to edit all the required fields.
    >> Is that what you do??
    >>
    >> That specific vCard seems to me not to be part of the TB addressbook!
    >> You can add that one to the addressbook, but if you change any field
    >> in the addressbook, it will NOT change the vCard you have configured
    >> with the Account Settings! That's what I understand from working with
    >> it.
    >>
    >> So you have to edit it with the "Account Setting". Please recheck to
    >> be sure.
    >> Günter

    > The problem is that I can't edit with Account Setting. Can't uncheck
    > the "Attach vcard" and can't change the email address through Edit
    > vcard. I change them momentarily but the revert.
    >
    > Tried uninstalling and reinstalling TB but that didn't help. Any
    > suggestions?

    OK, after a lot chasing of false leads, I found where the Vcard info is
    stored when it's created through the Account settings. It gets stored
    in the prefs.js file. Use the Config Editer in the Options dialog or
    about:config if your using an extension that provides a button. In the
    filter bar type in vcard. One of the Identities is the one you can't
    delete. Highlight it and right click, pick the reset option. Close the
    dialog and restart Tb and check the Account setting to see if it's now
    cleared.

    --
    Ron K.

  4. Re: Help - Vcard Edit Problems

    On 08.05.2008 00:45 » Tom Eversole« wrote:
    > gNeandr wrote:
    >> On 07.05.2008 23:14 » Tom Eversole« wrote:
    >>> When I go to Tools, Account Settings,and Edit vcard under my primary
    >>> account, the email address on the card is obsolete. When I correct it
    >>> the change disappears the next time I go back to edit again. Also, if
    >>> I uncheck Attach Vcard, this change doesn't stick. So when the vcard
    >>> goes out it has an address that is 2 years out of date.
    >>>
    >>> What do I do?

    >> Just to understand what you do:
    >> You are using the "Account Setting" and there you enable the option
    >> "Attach vCard to message" and with that screen you also open the "Edit
    >> vCard". This enables you to edit all the required fields.
    >> Is that what you do??
    >>
    >> That specific vCard seems to me not to be part of the TB addressbook!
    >> You can add that one to the addressbook, but if you change any field
    >> in the addressbook, it will NOT change the vCard you have configured
    >> with the Account Settings! That's what I understand from working with it.
    >>
    >> So you have to edit it with the "Account Setting". Please recheck to
    >> be sure.
    >> Günter

    > The problem is that I can't edit with Account Setting. Can't uncheck the
    > "Attach vcard" and can't change the email address through Edit vcard. I
    > change them momentarily but the revert.
    >
    > Tried uninstalling and reinstalling TB but that didn't help. Any
    > suggestions?

    Tom,
    I understand you have not control about your account settings. So it's
    not a private installation but part of a business setup.
    If that's the case, you have to talk to your system admian ... or the
    person how has access to your account settings.
    Günter

+ Reply to Thread