"Add to Bcc" for Addressbook? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on "Add to Bcc" for Addressbook? - Mozilla ; The contact panel of addressbook has "Add to To" and "Add to Cc" but no "Add to Bcc". There's an extension that used to do that but is not compatible with TB 2.x Has anyone found a work-around? Thanks....

  1. "Add to Bcc" for Addressbook?

    The contact panel of addressbook has "Add to To" and "Add to Cc" but no
    "Add to Bcc".

    There's an extension that used to do that but is not compatible with TB 2.x

    Has anyone found a work-around?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: "Add to Bcc" for Addressbook?

    That is indeed a drag. I use Contacts Sidebar
    which offersa
    context menu item to do this.

    Pete Holsberg wrote:
    > The contact panel of addressbook has "Add to To" and "Add to Cc" but no
    > "Add to Bcc".
    >
    > There's an extension that used to do that but is not compatible with TB 2.x
    >
    > Has anyone found a work-around?
    >
    > Thanks.

  3. Re: "Add to Bcc" for Addressbook?

    On 5/7/2008 12:28 PM, Pete Holsberg wrote:
    > The contact panel of addressbook has "Add to To" and "Add to Cc" but no
    > "Add to Bcc".
    >
    > There's an extension that used to do that but is not compatible with TB 2.x
    >
    > Has anyone found a work-around?
    >
    > Thanks.

    After selecting the addresses you want, right click and you will get a
    menu that includes Add to BCC.

    --
    Irwin

  4. Re: "Add to Bcc" for Addressbook?

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 5/7/2008 12:28 PM, Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >> The contact panel of addressbook has "Add to To" and "Add to Cc" but
    >> no "Add to Bcc".
    >>
    >> There's an extension that used to do that but is not compatible with
    >> TB 2.x
    >>
    >> Has anyone found a work-around?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > After selecting the addresses you want, right click and you will get a
    > menu that includes Add to BCC.

    Don't you mean left-click?

  5. Re: "Add to Bcc" for Addressbook?

    * Tarkus wrote, On 5/7/2008 13:32:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >> On 5/7/2008 12:28 PM, Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >>> The contact panel of addressbook has "Add to To" and "Add to Cc" but
    >>> no "Add to Bcc".
    >>>
    >>> There's an extension that used to do that but is not compatible with
    >>> TB 2.x
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone found a work-around?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.

    >> After selecting the addresses you want, right click and you will get a
    >> menu that includes Add to BCC.

    > Don't you mean left-click?

    Left click on the to field or click on the field and hit B changes it to
    BCC as does T change to To, C change to CC, R changes to Reply To, etc.
    Miles

  6. Re: "Add to Bcc" for Addressbook?

    * Pete Holsberg wrote, On 5/7/2008 12:28:
    > The contact panel of addressbook has "Add to To" and "Add to Cc" but no
    > "Add to Bcc".
    >
    > There's an extension that used to do that but is not compatible with TB 2.x
    >
    > Has anyone found a work-around?
    >
    > Thanks.

    It still works with 2.x. Don't check compatibility or change the
    compatible line so it's compatible with version 2.9.9. or whatever.
    Miles

  7. Re: "Add to Bcc" for Addressbook?

    Miles has written on 5/7/2008 5:59 PM:
    > * Pete Holsberg wrote, On 5/7/2008 12:28:
    >
    >> The contact panel of addressbook has "Add to To" and "Add to Cc" but no
    >> "Add to Bcc".
    >>
    >> There's an extension that used to do that but is not compatible with TB 2.x
    >>
    >> Has anyone found a work-around?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > It still works with 2.x. Don't check compatibility or change the
    > compatible line so it's compatible with version 2.9.9. or whatever.

    I didn't change anything!

  8. Re: "Add to Bcc" for Addressbook?

    Miles has written on 5/7/2008 5:58 PM:
    > * Tarkus wrote, On 5/7/2008 13:32:
    >
    >> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    >>> After selecting the addresses you want, right click and you will get a
    >>> menu that includes Add to BCC.
    >>>

    >> Don't you mean left-click?
    >>

    > Left click on the to field or click on the field and hit B changes it to
    > BCC as does T change to To, C change to CC, R changes to Reply To, etc.

    Me, again. I was looking for a "one-click" method to send a message to a
    number of people. (Don't suggest a distribution list, please, as the
    people change each time. :-)

  9. Re: "Add to Bcc" for Addressbook?

    * whitedavidp@fastmail.us wrote, On 5/7/2008 12:39:
    > That is indeed a drag. I use Contacts Sidebar
    > which offersa
    > context menu item to do this.
    >
    > Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >> The contact panel of addressbook has "Add to To" and "Add to Cc" but
    >> no "Add to Bcc".
    >>
    >> There's an extension that used to do that but is not compatible with
    >> TB 2.x
    >>
    >> Has anyone found a work-around?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    Although I haven't tried this extension, one of the reviews reads
    "Thankfully, provides a workaround for sending bcc to large numbers of
    people at once. The "Add to bcc" Add-on doesn't work on TBird 2.0."

    Perhaps it's the solution for Pete's need for a one-click method to
    change all recipients to BCC.
    Miles

  10. Re: "Add to Bcc" for Addressbook?

    Miles has written on 5/7/2008 6:59 PM:
    > * whitedavidp@fastmail.us wrote, On 5/7/2008 12:39:
    >
    >> That is indeed a drag. I use Contacts Sidebar
    >> which offersa
    >> context menu item to do this.
    >>
    >> Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >>
    >>> The contact panel of addressbook has "Add to To" and "Add to Cc" but
    >>> no "Add to Bcc".
    >>>
    >>> There's an extension that used to do that but is not compatible with
    >>> TB 2.x
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone found a work-around?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.
    >>>

    > Although I haven't tried this extension, one of the reviews reads
    > "Thankfully, provides a workaround for sending bcc to large numbers of
    > people at once. The "Add to bcc" Add-on doesn't work on TBird 2.0."
    >
    > Perhaps it's the solution for Pete's need for a one-click method to
    > change all recipients to BCC.

    It seems to work although not as one-clicky as the one that used to
    work!! :-)

  11. Re: "Add to Bcc" for Addressbook?

    On 5/7/2008 1:32 PM, Tarkus wrote:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >> On 5/7/2008 12:28 PM, Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >>> The contact panel of addressbook has "Add to To" and "Add to Cc" but
    >>> no "Add to Bcc".
    >>>
    >>> There's an extension that used to do that but is not compatible with
    >>> TB 2.x
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone found a work-around?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.

    >> After selecting the addresses you want, right click and you will get a
    >> menu that includes Add to BCC.

    > Don't you mean left-click?

    No, I mean right click! Try what I suggested and try what you suggested
    to see the difference.

    --
    Irwin

  12. Re: "Add to Bcc" for Addressbook?

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 5/7/2008 1:32 PM, Tarkus wrote:
    >> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    >>> After selecting the addresses you want, right click and you will get
    >>> a menu that includes Add to BCC.

    >> Don't you mean left-click?

    > No, I mean right click! Try what I suggested and try what you suggested
    > to see the difference.

    Okay, we were talking about different things. I was talking about the
    the "To:" pane above the message editor, while you're talking about the
    address book in the left pane. And to be fair, that's probably what the
    OP was was referencing, too.

  13. Re: "Add to Bcc" for Addressbook?

    Tarkus has written on 5/7/2008 9:35 PM:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    > Okay, we were talking about different things. I was talking about the
    > the "To:" pane above the message editor, while you're talking about the
    > address book in the left pane. And to be fair, that's probably what the
    > OP was was referencing, too.

    OP here. I was talking about the left pane contact panel.

  14. Re: "Add to Bcc" for Addressbook?

    Pete Holsberg wrote:
    > Tarkus has written on 5/7/2008 9:35 PM:
    >> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    >> Okay, we were talking about different things. I was talking about the
    >> the "To:" pane above the message editor, while you're talking about
    >> the address book in the left pane. And to be fair, that's probably
    >> what the OP was was referencing, too.

    > OP here. I was talking about the left pane contact panel.

    You get the option by-right clicking, no? Do you really use it that
    much that it's too inconvenient without a button? (Not trying to be rude.)

  15. Re: "Add to Bcc" for Addressbook?

    On 5/7/2008 3:28 PM, Pete Holsberg wrote:
    > The contact panel of addressbook has "Add to To" and "Add to Cc" but no
    > "Add to Bcc".
    >
    > There's an extension that used to do that but is not compatible with TB 2.x
    >
    > Has anyone found a work-around?
    >
    > Thanks.

    fixed in Thunderbird 3 Bug 226468 Contacts sidebar in Thunderbird
    lacks "Add to BCC:" button.

  16. Re: "Add to Bcc" for Addressbook?

    Wayne Mery wrote:
    > On 5/7/2008 3:28 PM, Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >
    >> The contact panel of addressbook has "Add to To" and "Add to Cc" but no
    >> "Add to Bcc".
    >>
    >> There's an extension that used to do that but is not compatible with
    >> TB 2.x
    >>
    >> Has anyone found a work-around?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > fixed in Thunderbird 3 Bug 226468 Contacts sidebar in Thunderbird
    > lacks "Add to BCC:" button.

    I guess that's one of the reasons I'm still using 1.0.7. I use BCC on
    almost every email I forward, rather than sending a whole list of email
    addresses to a bunch of people. 1.0.7 does everything I need including
    imbedded images which gave me a problem in later versions.

    Bob B.

+ Reply to Thread