Lost emails - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Lost emails - Mozilla ; Hi all, opened Thunderbird yesterday, and nearly a years emails had disappeared. Am running Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty. Is there anyway I can retrieve them. I have not done any updates. Many thanks in advance. Take Care Winton...

  1. Lost emails

    Hi all,
    opened Thunderbird yesterday, and nearly a years emails had disappeared.
    Am running Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty. Is there anyway I can retrieve them.
    I have not done any updates.

    Many thanks in advance.
    Take Care
    Winton

  2. Re: Lost emails

    squareyes said the following On 05/04/2008 07:37 PM:
    > Hi all,
    > opened Thunderbird yesterday, and nearly a years emails had disappeared.
    > Am running Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty. Is there anyway I can retrieve them. I
    > have not done any updates.
    >
    > Many thanks in advance.
    > Take Care
    > Winton

    Probably index file ( .msf ) of that folder has become corrupted .
    Backup your Thunderbird profile first .
    Open Thunderbird profile folder . Goto Mail folder . Open folder of that
    account .
    Delete all .msf files . It will force TB to generate new index file on
    next start .
    Start Thunderbird .

    profile folder location
    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Thunderbird#Linux_and_Unix"