Email account folder not visible in "Folders" list - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Email account folder not visible in "Folders" list - Mozilla ; Hi, all, I have two email accounts: One called "Email Account" which is where I have inbox, drafts, etc., for mail sent to my email address (as seen in my signature below). But my other email account, called "Blog Email ...

  1. Email account folder not visible in "Folders" list

    Hi, all,
    I have two email accounts: One called "Email Account" which is where I
    have inbox, drafts, etc., for mail sent to my email address (as seen in
    my signature below).

    But my other email account, called "Blog Email Account" with my
    alternate email address, does NOT show up in the "Folders" list. And
    hence I can't read any email in it. It shows up in the "Account
    Settings" dialog box list though.

    I even tried deleting it and rebuilding it. The same thing happened.
    It shows up in the "Account Settings" dialog box but not in the
    "Folders" list.

    I even tried an extension that's supposed to allow me to manipulate the
    order of folders. It sees the email folder just fine. But again, it
    doesn't show up in the "Folders" list.

    Any ideas?

    --
    Steven L.
    Email: sdlitvin@earthlinkNOSPAM.net

  2. Re: Email account folder not visible in "Folders" list

    Steven L. wrote:
    > Hi, all,
    > I have two email accounts: One called "Email Account" which is where I
    > have inbox, drafts, etc., for mail sent to my email address (as seen in
    > my signature below).
    >
    > But my other email account, called "Blog Email Account" with my
    > alternate email address, does NOT show up in the "Folders" list. And
    > hence I can't read any email in it. It shows up in the "Account
    > Settings" dialog box list though.
    >
    > I even tried deleting it and rebuilding it. The same thing happened. It
    > shows up in the "Account Settings" dialog box but not in the "Folders"
    > list.
    >
    > I even tried an extension that's supposed to allow me to manipulate the
    > order of folders. It sees the email folder just fine. But again, it
    > doesn't show up in the "Folders" list.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Probably your "Blog Email Account" is configured for using Global Inbox,
    i.e. all mail to sent to this account would show up under Local Folders.
    In order to change that, with Windows you'd need to go to 'Tools -
    Account Settings'.
    Pick your account and look under 'Server Settings - Advanced' to change
    the Global Inbox behavior.

    --
    Christian

  3. Re: Email account folder not visible in "Folders" list

    Christian Riechers wrote:
    > Steven L. wrote:
    >> Hi, all,
    >> I have two email accounts: One called "Email Account" which is where
    >> I have inbox, drafts, etc., for mail sent to my email address (as seen
    >> in my signature below).
    >>
    >> But my other email account, called "Blog Email Account" with my
    >> alternate email address, does NOT show up in the "Folders" list. And
    >> hence I can't read any email in it. It shows up in the "Account
    >> Settings" dialog box list though.
    >>
    >> I even tried deleting it and rebuilding it. The same thing happened.
    >> It shows up in the "Account Settings" dialog box but not in the
    >> "Folders" list.
    >>
    >> I even tried an extension that's supposed to allow me to manipulate
    >> the order of folders. It sees the email folder just fine. But again,
    >> it doesn't show up in the "Folders" list.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>

    > Probably your "Blog Email Account" is configured for using Global Inbox,

    No it's not.
    In fact, I tried rebuilding it again and specifically unchecked that
    Global Inbox setting, just to be sure.

    Any other ideas?