No Re - Mozilla

This is a discussion on No Re - Mozilla ; Hi, helpful people. I've got a weird problem, and due to its nature it's hard to come up with search terms that will find me the answer if it's been answered before. It's like this: When viewing the contents of ...

  1. No Re

    Hi, helpful people. I've got a weird problem, and due to its nature it's
    hard to come up with search terms that will find me the answer if it's
    been answered before.

    It's like this: When viewing the contents of any folder other than main
    Inbox folder, all message subject lines have any "Re:" beginning them
    removed. So "Re: foo" becomes just "foo". If I leave the folder open,
    when a new message is received, it shows up with the full subject line,
    but when leaving and then returning to that folder, its "Re:" is gone
    like all the others. When viewing any of the messages, the full subject
    is shown there, just not in the list of messages.

    I almost feel like this has to be "intentional", like I must have
    slipped and checked some random "make it hard to follow discussions"
    option. I get the feeling I'm gonna look like a fool when I find out the
    answer, but oh well.

    I'm using version 2.0.0.12 (20080213) running on Windows XP x64.

    Any help would be much appreciated.

  2. Re: No Re

    Jeffrey Thomas Piercy, El Pato Comunista wrote:
    > Hi, helpful people. I've got a weird problem, and due to its nature it's
    > hard to come up with search terms that will find me the answer if it's
    > been answered before.
    >
    > It's like this: When viewing the contents of any folder other than main
    > Inbox folder, all message subject lines have any "Re:" beginning them
    > removed. So "Re: foo" becomes just "foo". If I leave the folder open,
    > when a new message is received, it shows up with the full subject line,
    > but when leaving and then returning to that folder, its "Re:" is gone
    > like all the others. When viewing any of the messages, the full subject
    > is shown there, just not in the list of messages.
    >
    > I almost feel like this has to be "intentional", like I must have
    > slipped and checked some random "make it hard to follow discussions"
    > option. I get the feeling I'm gonna look like a fool when I find out the
    > answer, but oh well.
    >
    > I'm using version 2.0.0.12 (20080213) running on Windows XP x64.
    >
    > Any help would be much appreciated.

    Jeffrey,
    While you have the offending folder open, click on "View" in the menu
    bar. All sorts of options there. You might start with "Sort by", and at
    the bottom of the list is an option to view your messages "Threaded" or
    "Unthreaded".

    Dave

+ Reply to Thread