using update function in thunderbird portable?! - Mozilla

This is a discussion on using update function in thunderbird portable?! - Mozilla ; Hi, I am afraid of using the update function in thunderbird portable. As I know the update will be downloaded from mozilla update server. The problem is that the folder structure of the portable version isn't equal with the desktop ...

  1. using update function in thunderbird portable?!

    Hi,

    I am afraid of using the update function in thunderbird portable. As I
    know the update will be downloaded from mozilla update server. The
    problem is that the folder structure of the portable version isn't equal
    with the desktop version. This will damage the installation. I don't
    know how to update safely without waiting till the new portable version
    will be released. This takes sometime much time. Any ideas? Any help?
    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: using update function in thunderbird portable?!

    Spiderman said the following On 05/02/2008 03:53 PM:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am afraid of using the update function in thunderbird portable. As I
    > know the update will be downloaded from mozilla update server. The
    > problem is that the folder structure of the portable version isn't equal
    > with the desktop version. This will damage the installation. I don't
    > know how to update safely without waiting till the new portable version
    > will be released. This takes sometime much time. Any ideas? Any help?
    > Thanks in advance.

    "http://portableapps.com/node/13156"

  3. Re: using update function in thunderbird portable?!

    Nir schrieb:
    > Spiderman said the following On 05/02/2008 03:53 PM:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am afraid of using the update function in thunderbird portable. As I
    >> know the update will be downloaded from mozilla update server. The
    >> problem is that the folder structure of the portable version isn't equal
    >> with the desktop version. This will damage the installation. I don't
    >> know how to update safely without waiting till the new portable version
    >> will be released. This takes sometime much time. Any ideas? Any help?
    >> Thanks in advance.

    > "http://portableapps.com/node/13156"

    ok, so I wont use the update function. Hope the new version comes faster
    than usual. The portable versions as for example OpenOffice are very
    seldom or should I say very slow by updating. Than lets wait. I'm using
    only the portable version.

  4. Re: using update function in thunderbird portable?!

    Spiderman schrieb:
    > Nir schrieb:
    >> Spiderman said the following On 05/02/2008 03:53 PM:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I am afraid of using the update function in thunderbird portable. As I
    >>> know the update will be downloaded from mozilla update server. The
    >>> problem is that the folder structure of the portable version isn't equal
    >>> with the desktop version. This will damage the installation. I don't
    >>> know how to update safely without waiting till the new portable version
    >>> will be released. This takes sometime much time. Any ideas? Any help?
    >>> Thanks in advance.

    >> "http://portableapps.com/node/13156"

    > ok, so I wont use the update function. Hope the new version comes faster
    > than usual. The portable versions as for example OpenOffice are very
    > seldom or should I say very slow by updating. Than lets wait. I'm using
    > only the portable version.

    ok, this time it was very fast. Thunderbird portable is allready
    updated. nice. thanks.

+ Reply to Thread