*-* On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, at 14:08:12 -0700 (PDT),
*-* In Article
mailman.59.1209589825.22108.support-...ts.mozilla.org,
*-* Gonebush3@gmail.com wrote
*-* About Does Thunderbird have a combine-and-decode function?

[Posted and mailed]

> Does TBird have a combine-and-decode function for stitching
> multiple-file image or video posts back together?

No.

> I sure as hell can't find it mentioned in FAQ.

A common suggestion when this topic comes up here is to use TBird
for text groups, and another, binary-capable, reader for binary
groups. I do this, using Xnews for the
binaries.

Incidentally, for spam-control reasons posts from Google to the
news.mozilla.org newsgroups are currently being routed through the
mozilla mailing lists. A side effect of this is that posts directly
to the news.mozilla.org server aren't being archived by Google. I
believe they are working to overcome this.

Since this post won't appear on Google Groups I'm also e-mailing
a copy directly to you, and suggest that anyone else replying to you
do likewise. Furthermore, you might want to log on to the
news.mozilla.org server to follow this thread in its entirety.

Ken Whiton

FIDO: 1:132/152