Verifying AT&T email addresses !@#$%^&!!! - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Verifying AT&T email addresses !@#$%^&!!! - Mozilla ; TB 2.0.0.12 I can only use one of my 7 ATT xxxxx@sbcglobal.net email addresses. The one whose name is used for the SMTP authentication sends out ok but none of the other addresses can send. I get a message that ...

  1. Verifying AT&T email addresses !@#$%^&!!!

    TB 2.0.0.12
    I can only use one of my 7 ATT
    xxxxx@sbcglobal.net email addresses. The one
    whose name is used for the SMTP authentication
    sends out ok but none of the other addresses can
    send. I get a message that these addresses are not
    verified, so I was directed to the ATT web site to
    verify them. Has anyone succeeded in doing this?

    I went to the mail.yahoo.com site and logged in.
    Then I went to Mail Upgrades - Options and found
    that the steps for this verification process do
    not work.

    Example:

    Step 3 Setup Mail Server

    Please enter the mail server, username and
    password for this account.

    Entering this information will enable you to
    receive mail from this account using the Yahoo!
    Mail interface.
    Mail Server: pop.att.yahoo.com (Only POP mail
    servers are supported at this time)
    Username: RedDog (Typically it is the text in
    your email address before the at sign (@).)
    Password: XXXXXXXXXXXX

    Now I click Setup Mail Server and get the error:
    "Unfortunately, there was a problem:

    We cannot retrieve mail from the server you
    specified. You need to purchase Yahoo! Mail Plus
    for the account you want to access via POP3. Goto
    http://mailplus.yahoo.com."

    Then there is advice to pass the above step and
    hit another button "Send Verification." I click
    this and a new page opens up with Verify Account
    and a box to input the Confirmation code, which I
    am supposed to fish from TBird and input it there
    to confirm the email address.

    I did those steps for 2 email addresses but the
    confirmation emails never arrived in TBird.

    And so there it is guys. Are we in America or
    Zimbabwe?

    What a mess?

  2. Re: Verifying AT&T email addresses !@#$%^&!!!

    On 01-05-2008 02:03 CET, JollyJo composed this enchanting statement:
    > TB 2.0.0.12
    > I can only use one of my 7 ATT xxxxx@sbcglobal.net email addresses.
    > The one whose name is used for the SMTP authentication sends out ok
    > but none of the other addresses can send. I get a message that these
    > addresses are not verified, so I was directed to the ATT web site to
    > verify them. Has anyone succeeded in doing this?

    No comment.

    > I went to the mail.yahoo.com site and logged in. Then I went to Mail
    > Upgrades - Options and found that the steps for this verification
    > process do not work.
    >
    > Example:
    >
    > Step 3 Setup Mail Server
    >
    > Please enter the mail server, username and password for this account.
    >
    > Entering this information will enable you to receive mail from this
    > account using the Yahoo! Mail interface.
    > Mail Server: pop.att.yahoo.com (Only POP mail servers are
    > supported at this time)
    > Username: RedDog (Typically it is the text in your email
    > address before the at sign (@).)
    > Password: XXXXXXXXXXXX
    >

    > Now I click Setup Mail Server and get the error:
    > "Unfortunately, there was a problem:
    >
    > We cannot retrieve mail from the server you specified. You need to
    > purchase Yahoo! Mail Plus for the account you want to access via POP3.
    > Goto http://mailplus.yahoo.com."
    >
    > Then there is advice to pass the above step and hit another button
    > "Send Verification." I click this and a new page opens up with Verify
    > Account and a box to input the Confirmation code, which I am supposed
    > to fish from TBird and input it there to confirm the email address.
    >
    > I did those steps for 2 email addresses but the confirmation emails
    > never arrived in TBird.
    >
    > And so there it is guys. Are we in America or Zimbabwe?

    Go and complain at Yahoo! (or ATT?) for *not* informing you that this
    mail upgrade is a paid service.

    Also, ask them, once you've really got that POP mail service activated,
    how to setup Thunderbird's mail account for that service.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  3. Re: Verifying AT&T email addresses !@#$%^&!!!

    Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    > On 01-05-2008 02:03 CET, JollyJo composed this enchanting statement:
    >> TB 2.0.0.12
    >> I can only use one of my 7 ATT xxxxx@sbcglobal.net email addresses.
    >> The one whose name is used for the SMTP authentication sends out ok
    >> but none of the other addresses can send. I get a message that these
    >> addresses are not verified, so I was directed to the ATT web site to
    >> verify them. Has anyone succeeded in doing this?

    > No comment.
    >>
    >> I went to the mail.yahoo.com site and logged in. Then I went to Mail
    >> Upgrades - Options and found that the steps for this verification
    >> process do not work.
    >>
    >> Example:
    >>
    >> Step 3 Setup Mail Server
    >>
    >> Please enter the mail server, username and password for this account.
    >>
    >> Entering this information will enable you to receive mail from this
    >> account using the Yahoo! Mail interface.
    >> Mail Server: pop.att.yahoo.com (Only POP mail servers are
    >> supported at this time)
    >> Username: RedDog (Typically it is the text in your email
    >> address before the at sign (@).)
    >> Password: XXXXXXXXXXXX
    >>

    >> Now I click Setup Mail Server and get the error:
    >> "Unfortunately, there was a problem:
    >>
    >> We cannot retrieve mail from the server you specified. You need to
    >> purchase Yahoo! Mail Plus for the account you want to access via POP3.
    >> Goto http://mailplus.yahoo.com."
    >>
    >> Then there is advice to pass the above step and hit another button
    >> "Send Verification." I click this and a new page opens up with Verify
    >> Account and a box to input the Confirmation code, which I am supposed
    >> to fish from TBird and input it there to confirm the email address.
    >>
    >> I did those steps for 2 email addresses but the confirmation emails
    >> never arrived in TBird.
    >>
    >> And so there it is guys. Are we in America or Zimbabwe?
    >>

    > Go and complain at Yahoo! (or ATT?) for *not* informing you that this
    > mail upgrade is a paid service.
    >
    > Also, ask them, once you've really got that POP mail service activated,
    > how to setup Thunderbird's mail account for that service.

    Thanks Melchert.

    I finally fixed the problem by going back to the
    smtpauth.sbcglobal.net.
    Screw att-yahoo!

+ Reply to Thread