Adding a PIM to Thunderbird - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Adding a PIM to Thunderbird - Mozilla ; Is there any way to add a PIM extension to Thunderbird? I've investigated Lightening but that doesn't appear to be a PIM, per se. Thanks....

  1. Adding a PIM to Thunderbird

    Is there any way to add a PIM extension to Thunderbird? I've
    investigated Lightening but that doesn't appear to be a PIM, per se.
    Thanks.

  2. Re: Adding a PIM to Thunderbird

    On 30-04-2008 20:19 CET, stevezygote composed this enchanting statement:
    > Is there any way to add a PIM extension to Thunderbird? I've
    > investigated Lightening but that doesn't appear to be a PIM, per se.
    > Thanks.

    May be. Search or browse the extensions available for Thunderbird on:
    .

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  3. Re: Adding a PIM to Thunderbird

    "Melchert Fruitema" wrote in message
    news:mrudnfunHPZFJ4XVnZ2dnUVZ_tPinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > On 30-04-2008 20:19 CET, stevezygote composed this enchanting statement:
    >> Is there any way to add a PIM extension to Thunderbird? I've investigated
    >> Lightening but that doesn't appear to be a PIM, per se. Thanks.

    > May be. Search or browse the extensions available for Thunderbird on:
    > .
    >
    > --
    > Kind regards,
    > Melchert
    >
    > (MacOS 10.3.9 / Firefox 2.0, Thunderbird 2.0)

    I did. Doesn't seem to be anything there. On my Linux partition I do have
    Kmail (under Kubuntu 8.04 -- love it!). It's a PIM. Trying to figure out
    Identities in that. But I'm sooo used to TBird. And Kmail isn't a newsreader
    I don't think. (I'm answering on my Win XP paritition now, using Outlook
    Express.)

  4. Re: Adding a PIM to Thunderbird

    On 30-04-2008 20:50 CET, Steve Turner composed this enchanting statement:
    > "Melchert Fruitema" wrote in message
    > news:mrudnfunHPZFJ4XVnZ2dnUVZ_tPinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > > On 30-04-2008 20:19 CET, stevezygote composed this enchanting statement:
    > >> Is there any way to add a PIM extension to Thunderbird? I've investigated
    > >> Lightening but that doesn't appear to be a PIM, per se. Thanks.

    > > May be. Search or browse the extensions available for Thunderbird on:
    > > .
    > >

    > I did. Doesn't seem to be anything there. On my Linux partition I do have
    > Kmail (under Kubuntu 8.04 -- love it!). It's a PIM. Trying to figure out
    > Identities in that. But I'm sooo used to TBird. And Kmail isn't a newsreader
    > I don't think. (I'm answering on my Win XP paritition now, using Outlook
    > Express.)

    Does the Lightning extension fit the role of a PIM, perhaps? Basically,
    it supports multiple calendars (.ics), tasks and events.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  5. Re: Adding a PIM to Thunderbird

    "Melchert Fruitema" wrote in message
    news:nuOdnWA3UN06UYXVnZ2dnUVZ_umdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > On 30-04-2008 20:50 CET, Steve Turner composed this enchanting statement:
    >> "Melchert Fruitema" wrote in message
    >> news:mrudnfunHPZFJ4XVnZ2dnUVZ_tPinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> > On 30-04-2008 20:19 CET, stevezygote composed this enchanting
    >> > statement:
    >> >
    >> > May be. Search or browse the extensions available for Thunderbird on:
    >> > .
    >> >

    >> I did. Doesn't seem to be anything there. On my Linux partition I do have
    >> Kmail (under Kubuntu 8.04 -- love it!). It's a PIM. Trying to figure out
    >> Identities in that. But I'm sooo used to TBird. And Kmail isn't a
    >> newsreader I don't think. (I'm answering on my Win XP paritition now,
    >> using Outlook Express.)
    >>

    > Does the Lightning extension fit the role of a PIM, perhaps? Basically, it
    > supports multiple calendars (.ics), tasks and events.
    >
    > --
    > Kind regards,
    > Melchert
    >
    > (MacOS 10.3.9 / Firefox 2.0, Thunderbird 2.0)

    You're not going to believe me bu t....I can't find it!

  6. Re: Adding a PIM to Thunderbird

    STOP! I found it. I was on my Windoze partition when I searched for it
    and it seems it wouldn't show up. On my Linux partition it does.

    THANK YOU!

    Steve Turner wrote:
    > "Melchert Fruitema" wrote in message
    > news:nuOdnWA3UN06UYXVnZ2dnUVZ_umdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> On 30-04-2008 20:50 CET, Steve Turner composed this enchanting statement:
    >>> "Melchert Fruitema" wrote in message
    >>> news:mrudnfunHPZFJ4XVnZ2dnUVZ_tPinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >>>>
    >>> I did. Doesn't seem to be anything there. On my Linux partition I do have
    >>> Kmail (under Kubuntu 8.04 -- love it!). It's a PIM. Trying to figure out
    >>> Identities in that. But I'm sooo used to TBird. And Kmail isn't a
    >>> newsreader I don't think. (I'm answering on my Win XP paritition now,
    >>> using Outlook Express.)
    >>>

    >> Does the Lightning extension fit the role of a PIM, perhaps? Basically, it
    >> supports multiple calendars (.ics), tasks and events.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Kind regards,
    >> Melchert
    >>
    >> (MacOS 10.3.9 / Firefox 2.0, Thunderbird 2.0)

    > You're not going to believe me bu t....I can't find it!

  7. Re: Adding a PIM to Thunderbird

    On 02-05-2008 12:29 CET, stevezygote composed this enchanting statement:
    > Steve Turner wrote:
    >> "Melchert Fruitema" wrote:
    >>> On 30-04-2008 20:50 CET, Steve Turner composed this enchanting
    >>> statement:

    >>> Does the Lightning extension fit the role of a PIM, perhaps?
    >>> Basically, it supports multiple calendars (.ics), tasks and events.
    >>>

    >> You're not going to believe me bu t....I can't find it!
    >> STOP! I found it. I was on my Windoze partition when I searched for
    >> it and it seems it wouldn't show up. On my Linux partition it does.
    >>
    >> THANK YOU!

    You are welcome.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  8. Re: Adding a PIM to Thunderbird

    On 5/3/2008 1:58 PM, Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    > On 02-05-2008 12:29 CET, stevezygote composed this enchanting statement:
    >> Steve Turner wrote:

    >>> You're not going to believe me bu t....I can't find it!
    >>> STOP! I found it. I was on my Windoze partition when I searched for
    >>> it and it seems it wouldn't show up. On my Linux partition it does.
    >>>
    >>> THANK YOU!

    > You are welcome.

    Depending on what functions you want in a PIM, the ReminderFox add-on
    may suffice. It is a great tool with great support and frequent
    enhancements. It works in both Firefox and Thunderbird and can share
    data between the two.

+ Reply to Thread