why won't gmail remember my name and password so I can go straightto mail? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on why won't gmail remember my name and password so I can go straightto mail? - Mozilla ; I have to type out my entire name and password every time even though I check the box to "remember me on this computer" every time. Can anybody out there help, please? Any ideas at all?...

  1. why won't gmail remember my name and password so I can go straightto mail?

    I have to type out my entire name and password every time even though I
    check the box to "remember me on this
    computer" every time.

    Can anybody out there help, please? Any ideas at all?

  2. Re: why won't gmail remember my name and password so I can go straightto mail?

    Patricia wrote:
    > I have to type out my entire name and password every time even though I
    > check the box to "remember me on this
    > computer" every time.
    >
    > Can anybody out there help, please? Any ideas at all?

    Some sites don't want you to save the info, and ignore the request

  3. Re: why won't gmail remember my name and password so I can go straightto mail?

    On 30-04-2008 17:54 CET, Patricia composed this enchanting statement:
    > I have to type out my entire name and password every time even though
    > I check the box to "remember me on this computer" every time.
    >
    > Can anybody out there help, please? Any ideas at all?

    Does anything get stored in the password list? See Tools, Options,
    Privacy, tab Passwords, click on the butoon 'Edit Passwords'.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  4. Re: why won't gmail remember my name and password so I can go straightto mail?

    On 4/30/2008 9:24 PM India Time, _Patricia_ wrote:

    > I have to type out my entire name and password every time even though I
    > check the box to "remember me on this
    > computer" every time.
    >
    > Can anybody out there help, please? Any ideas at all?

    Are you really talking about TB storage of username/ password or is it
    about a browser storing a site's username/ password.

    If it is later, there is something called cookie that the website/
    browser then creates in your harddisk. Now, browsers have settings how
    long to allow any cookie. If you have set "remove cookies after each
    session" or you or somebody manually give "clear personal data", all
    cookies are gone and that username/ password is gone and the site would
    ask you again the next time you access that site.

    --
    Rawat

+ Reply to Thread