Default to Thunderbird - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Default to Thunderbird - Mozilla ; We use Win xp with service pack 2 When I want to send a picture or a link and I go to send email it launches OE automatically because my wife has OE defaulted to on her side of the ...

  1. Default to Thunderbird

    We use Win xp with service pack 2

    When I want to send a picture or a link and I go to send email it
    launches OE automatically because my wife has OE defaulted to on her
    side of the computer. On my side I use Thunderbird but it won't
    launch automatically, because my wife only wants IE to launch on her
    side when she want to send an email. So it appears we can only
    default to 1 email program for both sides of the computer.

    Any way to fix that problem ??

    As well, is there a anyway to resize images in Thunderbird ??

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Default to Thunderbird

    On Apr 29, 4:54*pm, car crash wrote:
    > *We use Win xp with service pack 2
    >
    > When I want to send a picture or a link and I go to send email it
    > launches OE automatically because my wife has OE defaulted to on her
    > side of the computer. *On my side I use Thunderbird but it won't
    > launch automatically, because my wife only wants IE to launch on her
    > side when she want to send an email. *So it appears we can only
    > default to 1 email program for both sides of the computer.
    >
    > Any way to fix that problem ??
    >
    > As well, is there a anyway to resize images in Thunderbird ??
    >
    > Thanks.

    Use the User Accounts feature of WinXP.

  3. Re: Default to Thunderbird

    car crash keyboarded, On 4/29/2008 3:54 PM :
    > We use Win xp with service pack 2
    >
    > When I want to send a picture or a link and I go to send email it
    > launches OE automatically because my wife has OE defaulted to on her
    > side of the computer. On my side I use Thunderbird but it won't
    > launch automatically, because my wife only wants IE to launch on her
    > side when she want to send an email. So it appears we can only
    > default to 1 email program for both sides of the computer.
    >
    > Any way to fix that problem ??
    >
    > As well, is there a anyway to resize images in Thunderbird ??
    >
    > Thanks.

    Image zooming can be added with an extension. Use the Get Extensions
    link in the Help Menu. At the site type MouseZoom into the search bar.
    Or browse through the Miscellaneous catagory.

    --
    Ron K.

  4. Re: Default to Thunderbird

    On 30.04.2008 05:08, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Ron K. to
    generate the following:? :
    > car crash keyboarded, On 4/29/2008 3:54 PM :
    >
    >> We use Win xp with service pack 2
    >>
    >> When I want to send a picture or a link and I go to send email it
    >> launches OE automatically because my wife has OE defaulted to on her
    >> side of the computer. On my side I use Thunderbird but it won't
    >> launch automatically, because my wife only wants IE to launch on her
    >> side when she want to send an email. So it appears we can only
    >> default to 1 email program for both sides of the computer.
    >>
    >> Any way to fix that problem ??
    >>
    >> As well, is there a anyway to resize images in Thunderbird ??
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > Image zooming can be added with an extension. Use the Get Extensions
    > link in the Help Menu. At the site type MouseZoom into the search bar.
    > Or browse through the Miscellaneous catagory.

    ..... lookie here.....
    http://imagezoom.yellowgorilla.net/

    for the ImageZoom extension!

    reg

  5. Re: Default to Thunderbird

    car crash wrote:
    > We use Win xp with service pack 2
    >
    > When I want to send a picture or a link and I go to send email it
    > launches OE automatically because my wife has OE defaulted to on her
    > side of the computer. On my side I use Thunderbird but it won't
    > launch automatically, because my wife only wants IE to launch on her
    > side when she want to send an email. So it appears we can only
    > default to 1 email program for both sides of the computer.
    >
    > Any way to fix that problem ??

    As long as you use separate Windows login accounts, you can use the
    DefaultMail utility to set it on a per-user basis:

    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/defaultmail.htm

    As a side note, there is also a DefaultBrowser utility, if you wish to
    set different browsers, on a per-user basis, as well:

    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/defaultbrowser.htm

    I used both of these, on this system, and its worked out well, so far.
    My wife still uses OE & IE, so those are the defaults on her account,
    while I use TB & FF, and those are the defaults on my account.

    Of course, if you are both using the same Windows login account, these
    will not be of any use, because, as far as the system is concerned, you
    would both be the same 'user'.

    --
    Alex K.

+ Reply to Thread