Folder Column headers - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Folder Column headers - Mozilla ; Is there a way to reorganize the column headers (sender, subject, etc) so that it only affects ONE folder and not all folders? Thanks...

  1. Folder Column headers

    Is there a way to reorganize the column headers (sender, subject, etc)
    so that it only affects ONE folder and not all folders?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Folder Column headers

    On 27-04-2008 15:54 CET, Al composed this enchanting statement:
    > Is there a way to reorganize the column headers (sender, subject, etc)
    > so that it only affects ONE folder and not all folders?

    Yes, get the Mnenhy extension installed. Look at its Folder Storage
    features:

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  3. Re: Folder Column headers

    Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    > On 27-04-2008 15:54 CET, Al composed this enchanting statement:
    >> Is there a way to reorganize the column headers (sender, subject, etc)
    >> so that it only affects ONE folder and not all folders?
    >>

    > Yes, get the Mnenhy extension installed. Look at its Folder Storage
    > features:

    Thanks... tried the addon but it does not appear to address what I am
    trying to accomplish.
    Perhaps I should try and make it clearer..
    What I am trying to accomplish is to make the Templates folder display
    on the screen 2 column headers (Subject and Date). I do not want to
    'disturb'/change any of the other folder screen displays (Sender,
    Subject, Date).

    Thanks

  4. Re: Folder Column headers

    On 27-04-2008 16:58 CET, Al composed this enchanting statement:
    > Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    >> On 27-04-2008 15:54 CET, Al composed this enchanting statement:
    >>> Is there a way to reorganize the column headers (sender, subject,
    >>> etc) so that it only affects ONE folder and not all folders?
    >>>

    >> Yes, get the Mnenhy extension installed. Look at its Folder Storage
    >> features:
    >>

    > Thanks... tried the addon but it does not appear to address what I am
    > trying to accomplish.
    > Perhaps I should try and make it clearer..
    > What I am trying to accomplish is to make the Templates folder display
    > on the screen 2 column headers (Subject and Date). I do not want to
    > 'disturb'/change any of the other folder screen displays (Sender,
    > Subject, Date).

    First, you'll have to read the full documentation on the author's
    extension *home* page, to familiarize yourself with the possibilities of
    the Folder Storage features.

    In the Main & Newsgroup window, right click on the particular folder,
    select (context menu) option 'Folder Storage', uncheck 'inherit of
    parent data'. Now, adjust the columns as desired.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  5. Re:

    wrote:
    > On 27-04-2008 16:58 CET, Al composed this enchanting statement:
    >> Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    >>> On 27-04-2008 15:54 CET, Al composed this enchanting statement:
    >>>>
    >>> Yes, get the Mnenhy extension installed. Look at its Folder Storage
    >>> features:
    >>>

    >> Thanks... tried the addon but it does not appear to address what I am
    >> trying to accomplish.
    >> Perhaps I should try and make it clearer..
    >> What I am trying to accomplish is to make the Templates folder display
    >> on the screen 2 column headers (Subject and Date). I do not want to
    >> 'disturb'/change any of the other folder screen displays (Sender,
    >> Subject, Date).
    >>

    > First, you'll have to read the full documentation on the author's
    > extension *home* page, to familiarize yourself with the possibilities of
    > the Folder Storage features.

    Shame on me

    > In the Main & Newsgroup window, right click on the particular folder,
    > select (context menu) option 'Folder Storage', uncheck 'inherit of
    > parent data'. Now, adjust the columns as desired.

    Appears to have solved my problem... thank you!

  6. Re:

    On 27-04-2008 21:04 CET, Al composed this enchanting statement:

    > Appears to have solved my problem... thank you!

    You are welcome.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  7. Re:

    On 4/28/2008 12:34 AM India Time, _Al_ wrote:

    > wrote:

    >>> Thanks... tried the addon but it does not appear to address what I am
    >>> trying to accomplish.
    >>> Perhaps I should try and make it clearer..
    >>> What I am trying to accomplish is to make the Templates folder display
    >>> on the screen 2 column headers (Subject and Date). I do not want to
    >>> 'disturb'/change any of the other folder screen displays (Sender,
    >>> Subject, Date).
    >>>

    >> First, you'll have to read the full documentation on the author's
    >> extension *home* page, to familiarize yourself with the possibilities of
    >> the Folder Storage features.

    > Shame on me

    No, no, nothing to be ashamed of. It is general rule for computer users
    that "when everything else fails, read the bloody help manual". :-)

    >> In the Main & Newsgroup window, right click on the particular folder,
    >> select (context menu) option 'Folder Storage', uncheck 'inherit of
    >> parent data'. Now, adjust the columns as desired.

    > Appears to have solved my problem... thank you!

    And why did you remove the subject?

    --
    Rawat

  8. Re:

    V S Rawat wrote:
    > On 4/28/2008 12:34 AM India Time, _Al_ wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>> On 27-04-2008 16:58 CET, Al composed this enchanting statement:

    >>> First, you'll have to read the full documentation on the author's
    >>> extension *home* page, to familiarize yourself with the possibilities
    >>> of the Folder Storage features.

    >> Shame on me

    > No, no, nothing to be ashamed of. It is general rule for computer users
    > that "when everything else fails, read the bloody help manual". :-)

    I was just joking... thus the

    >>> In the Main & Newsgroup window, right click on the particular folder,
    >>> select (context menu) option 'Folder Storage', uncheck 'inherit of
    >>> parent data'. Now, adjust the columns as desired.

    >> Appears to have solved my problem... thank you!
    >>

    > And why did you remove the subject?

    I didn't.... at least not intentionally

+ Reply to Thread