Listing of folders - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Listing of folders - Mozilla ; Hi, Using version 1.5.0.14 (20060911) of Thunderbird running on opwnSuSE 10.2. I am subscribed to a few hundred mailing lists and have each mailing lists' mail filtered into its own folder. Due to the number and that they all have ...

  1. Listing of folders

    Hi,

    Using version 1.5.0.14 (20060911) of Thunderbird running on opwnSuSE
    10.2.

    I am subscribed to a few hundred mailing lists and have each mailing
    lists' mail filtered into its own folder. Due to the number and that
    they all have been subscribed to over the last 10 years, I have
    forgotten some of the login details and or would either like to renew or
    unsubscribe from some of the lists.

    Is there a file I can copy from that contains all the folder names that
    I have? I have googled myself silly without success.

    TIA
    Hylton

  2. Re: Listing of folders

    Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:

    > I am subscribed to a few hundred mailing lists

    Eep!

    --
    David
    Stardate 8325.2

  3. Re: Listing of folders

    On 4/27/2008 3:47 PM India Time, _Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)_ wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Using version 1.5.0.14 (20060911) of Thunderbird running on opwnSuSE
    > 10.2.
    >
    > I am subscribed to a few hundred mailing lists

    :-) yeah, that Guinness book guy was talking to me the other day about
    you. :-) he he he

    > and have each mailing
    > lists' mail filtered into its own folder.

    I am sure you must be keeping a full time assistant to create all those
    filters for you.

    > Due to the number and that
    > they all have been subscribed to over the last 10 years, I have
    > forgotten some of the login details and or would either like to renew or
    > unsubscribe from some of the lists.

    that is not a TB issue, but yeah, a small discussion might help as
    several users might have such issues.

    1. Use the same email id and password for all the routine subscription.
    or may be, just 2-3, may one set for mailing lists, one set for online
    forums, etc. For newsgroup, take a server that doesn't bother with login
    id passwords, like aioe.

    2. or, if you have different interests, put an id/ password set for your
    dating life, one set for your professional communications etc.

    3. Make a folder in TB (I am calling it reg -- registration) in which I
    move all the mails I receive for account confirmation, or password
    reminders or whatever communication takes place when an account/
    subscription is created.

    > Is there a file I can copy from that contains all the folder names that
    > I have? I have googled myself silly without success.

    Hmm. That is where I miss good old ms dos where you could just give
    "dir/s > tmp.txt" and all the folders/ files recursively would get
    listed to a file on the disk that you can even move to excel to sort. Go
    to command prompt

    u r on suse, so I think you think think out of TB and try the "ls -l >
    tmp.txt" type of thing in the directory to get a list to a text file and
    then rearrange.

    > TIA
    > Hylton

    btw, I wonder if you could find Opera mail/ ng reader more useful
    because it automatically creates a folder and moves all the mails there
    that are coming from an email id that would be each subscription.

    Hope you didn't mind some of my light hearted comments.
    --
    Rawat

+ Reply to Thread