Mozilla vs MS Office Outlook - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Mozilla vs MS Office Outlook - Mozilla ; A tech at Best Buy mentioned that I could use Mozilla instead of MS Office Outlook to download my contacts and appointments. Is this correct?? Star 44...

  1. Mozilla vs MS Office Outlook

    A tech at Best Buy mentioned that I could use Mozilla instead of MS
    Office Outlook to download my contacts and appointments. Is this
    correct??

    Star 44

  2. Re: Mozilla vs MS Office Outlook

    star44@frontiernet.net wrote:
    > A tech at Best Buy mentioned that I could use Mozilla instead of MS
    > Office Outlook to download my contacts and appointments. Is this
    > correct??
    >
    > Star 44

    To download from What ???

  3. Re: Mozilla vs MS Office Outlook

    Vic Moz Garcia wrote:
    > star44@frontiernet.net wrote:
    >> A tech at Best Buy mentioned that I could use Mozilla instead of MS
    >> Office Outlook to download my contacts and appointments. Is this
    >> correct??
    >>
    >> Star 44
    >>

    > To download from What ???

    Most likely from his/her cell phone. That is the normal place to keep
    contacts and appointments nowadays.

    --
    th

  4. Re: Mozilla vs MS Office Outlook

    th wrote:
    > Vic Moz Garcia wrote:
    >> star44@frontiernet.net wrote:
    >>> A tech at Best Buy mentioned that I could use Mozilla instead of MS
    >>> Office Outlook to download my contacts and appointments. Is this
    >>> correct??
    >>>
    >>> Star 44
    >>>

    >> To download from What ???

    > Most likely from his/her cell phone. That is the normal place to keep
    > contacts and appointments nowadays.

    I guess, I am NOT normal then, that's the only place I do not keep that
    kind of info, I use mine, just to make phone calls.
    I do use Outlook for that, since my company mail is based on Exchange,
    so really had not played with SeaMonkey, the possible solution for the OP.
    SunBird is a decent Calendar solution, but TB address book is not too
    friendly as contact manager.

    So I guess the answer is NO, does anybody have a working solution ???

  5. Re: Mozilla vs MS Office Outlook

    On Apr 25, 5:57 pm, sta...@frontiernet.net wrote:
    > A tech at Best Buy mentioned that I could use Mozilla instead of MS
    > Office Outlook to download my contacts and appointments. Is this
    > correct??
    >
    > Star 44

    Unless you use the Lightning extension.

  6. Re: Mozilla vs MS Office Outlook

    Alpha Nerd wrote:
    > On Apr 25, 5:57 pm, sta...@frontiernet.net wrote:
    >> A tech at Best Buy mentioned that I could use Mozilla instead of MS
    >> Office Outlook to download my contacts and appointments. Is this
    >> correct??
    >>
    >> Star 44

    > Unless you use the Lightning extension.

    But that does not correctly support ITIP/IMIP and cannot replace outlook
    yet. Importing ics calendar should work...

+ Reply to Thread