forgot new mozilla thunderbird password - Mozilla

This is a discussion on forgot new mozilla thunderbird password - Mozilla ; the computer geek came yesterday and worked on 2 computers (home), now when my email page comes up, it wants my password....I guess I gave him one, but I thought he hit the box that said "remember this password". I ...

  1. forgot new mozilla thunderbird password

    the computer geek came yesterday and worked on 2 computers (home), now
    when my email page comes up, it wants
    my password....I guess I gave him one, but I thought he hit the box that
    said "remember this password". I can't remember
    the password! What do I do, please?

  2. Re: forgot new mozilla thunderbird password

    On 25-04-2008 15:22 CET, Patricia composed this enchanting statement:
    > the computer geek came yesterday and worked on 2 computers (home), now
    > when my email page comes up, it wants
    > my password....I guess I gave him one, but I thought he hit the box
    > that said "remember this password". I can't remember
    > the password! What do I do, please?

    Let's get this straight, for new messages Tb asked you to provide the
    master password. The remember option is only for (mail) account passwords.

    Which password do you need? For your mail account contact the
    appropriate service, usually there is a support web page provided by the
    internet service to recover your mail account password.

    If you lost your master password, you will need to re-initialize it.
    Note that you will loose the saved password(s).

    To re-initialize your master password, search for "lost master password"
    in Thunderbird's section of kb.mozillazine.org> and read about the chrome xml that you need to enter
    in the location bar.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  3. Re: forgot new mozilla thunderbird password

    Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    > On 25-04-2008 15:22 CET, Patricia composed this enchanting statement:
    >> the computer geek came yesterday and worked on 2 computers (home), now
    >> when my email page comes up, it wants
    >> my password....I guess I gave him one, but I thought he hit the box
    >> that said "remember this password". I can't remember
    >> the password! What do I do, please?

    > Let's get this straight, for new messages Tb asked you to provide the
    > master password. The remember option is only for (mail) account passwords.
    > Which password do you need? For your mail account contact the
    > appropriate service, usually there is a support web page provided by the
    > internet service to recover your mail account password.
    >
    > If you lost your master password, you will need to re-initialize it.
    > Note that you will loose the saved password(s).
    >
    > To re-initialize your master password, search for "lost master password"
    > in Thunderbird's section of > kb.mozillazine.org> and read about the chrome xml that you need to enter
    > in the location bar.

    Wow! You really know the techno lingo! Thank you so very, very much
    for your help!
    I don't THINK I used the "Master Password" for mail (but I was wrong
    once years ago).
    I remembered the password for mail. BUT the computer still wants me to
    type
    out my entire email address AND password every time even though I check
    the box
    to tell it to "remember me on this computer" every time. Any ideas,
    please?

  4. Re: forgot new mozilla thunderbird password

    On 30-04-2008 17:52 CET, Patricia composed this enchanting statement:
    > Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    >> On 25-04-2008 15:22 CET, Patricia composed this enchanting statement:
    >>> the computer geek came yesterday and worked on 2 computers (home),
    >>> now when my email page comes up, it wants
    >>> my password....I guess I gave him one, but I thought he hit the box
    >>> that said "remember this password". I can't remember
    >>> the password! What do I do, please?

    >> Let's get this straight, for new messages Tb asked you to provide the
    >> master password. The remember option is only for (mail) account
    >> passwords.
    >> Which password do you need? For your mail account contact the
    >> appropriate service, usually there is a support web page provided by
    >> the internet service to recover your mail account password.
    >>
    >> If you lost your master password, you will need to re-initialize it.
    >> Note that you will loose the saved password(s).
    >>
    >> To re-initialize your master password, search for "lost master
    >> password" in Thunderbird's section of >> kb.mozillazine.org> and read about the chrome xml that you need to
    >> enter in the location bar.
    >>

    > Wow! You really know the techno lingo! Thank you so very, very
    > much for your help!
    > I don't THINK I used the "Master Password" for mail (but I was wrong
    > once years ago).
    > I remembered the password for mail. BUT the computer still wants me
    > to type
    > out my entire email address AND password every time even though I
    > check the box
    > to tell it to "remember me on this computer" every time. Any ideas,
    > please?

    See my reply on your new post, concerning the store of your Gmail
    account login.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert