does view saved passwords show outgoing server password? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on does view saved passwords show outgoing server password? - Mozilla ; I cannot see my outgoing email server password when I "view saved passwords". Is it supposed to show up??...

  1. does view saved passwords show outgoing server password?

    I cannot see my outgoing email server password when I "view saved
    passwords".

    Is it supposed to show up??

  2. Re: does view saved passwords show outgoing server password?

    On 25-04-2008 05:52 CET, ted@shapin.org composed this enchanting statement:
    > I cannot see my outgoing email server password when I "view saved
    > passwords".
    >
    > Is it supposed to show up??

    Only if you've ever specified a user name *and* the smtp server required
    an authentication, I think.

    I had one for my .Mac account smtp server.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert