Reply above unprefixed orig msg with all headers - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Reply above unprefixed orig msg with all headers - Mozilla ; For email accounts, I can set the properties so that my reply appears above the original message. However, the original message does not contain its headers, and all the lines are prefixed by "> ". I would like original message's ...

  1. Reply above unprefixed orig msg with all headers

    For email accounts, I can set the properties so that my reply appears
    above the original message. However, the original message does not
    contain its headers, and all the lines are prefixed by "> ". I would
    like original message's "standard" headers to accompany the original
    message, and without the prefix ">". By "standard" headers, I mean
    those that accompany the original message when I forward a message.
    Is there a way to do this in Thunderbird?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Reply above unprefixed orig msg with all headers

    On 25-04-2008 05:39 CET, AndyHan**** composed this enchanting statement:
    > For email accounts, I can set the properties so that my reply appears
    > above the original message. However, the original message does not
    > contain its headers, and all the lines are prefixed by "> ". I would
    > like original message's "standard" headers to accompany the original
    > message, and without the prefix ">". By "standard" headers, I mean
    > those that accompany the original message when I forward a message.
    > Is there a way to do this in Thunderbird?
    >
    > Thanks.

    In the View menu, option Headers, select normal. This will ensure that
    the compose will include the headers you like.

    If you compose a reply message in plain text, you'll see the '>' line
    marker, while in HTML mode (hold shift, select reply button) you'll see
    a continuous vertical line ( '|').

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert