Is CPU hogging common with TB? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Is CPU hogging common with TB? - Mozilla ; A posting at http://www.gottabemobile.com/forum/f...s.asp?TID=5386 suggests that some people find that Thunderbird eats all CPU when reading emails. Is this a common problem? If so, does it affect people with certain configurations? Vista's Windows Mail sometimes hogs a lot of CPU ...

  1. Is CPU hogging common with TB?

    A posting at http://www.gottabemobile.com/forum/f...s.asp?TID=5386 suggests
    that some people find that Thunderbird eats all CPU when reading emails. Is
    this a common problem? If so, does it affect people with certain
    configurations?

    Vista's Windows Mail sometimes hogs a lot of CPU when there are a lot of
    stored messages.

  2. Re: Is CPU hogging common with TB?

    On 25-04-2008 03:00 CET, Mickey Segal composed this enchanting statement:
    > A posting at http://www.gottabemobile.com/forum/f...s.asp?TID=5386
    > suggests that some people find that Thunderbird eats all CPU when
    > reading emails. Is this a common problem? If so, does it affect
    > people with certain configurations?
    >
    > Vista's Windows Mail sometimes hogs a lot of CPU when there are a lot
    > of stored messages.

    If there is work to do, programs will 'consume' cpu time. It is up to
    the operating system (MacOS, Windows, Linux, OS/2, etc.) to control the
    sharing of computer resources, such as cpu processing cycles and memory
    space.

    I think the thread in the forum was just a chat.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert