Gmail IMAP periodically asks for password... - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Gmail IMAP periodically asks for password... - Mozilla ; I have an IMAP Gmail account that for some reason, out of the blue, will periodically prompt me for the server password (even though I've told password manager to remember it). It just happened again today, and even after providing ...

  1. Gmail IMAP periodically asks for password...

    I have an IMAP Gmail account that for some reason, out of the blue, will
    periodically prompt me for the server password (even though I've told
    password manager to remember it). It just happened again today, and
    even after providing it, it has continued to prompt me for it.

    Does anyone one know what might be going on? I have a couple of other
    IMAP accounts with another provider, and those never do this. So it
    seems like something specific to Gmail.

    Thanks for any help with this.

  2. Re: Gmail IMAP periodically asks for password...

    Pat wrote:
    > I have an IMAP Gmail account that for some reason, out of the blue, will
    > periodically prompt me for the server password (even though I've told
    > password manager to remember it). It just happened again today, and
    > even after providing it, it has continued to prompt me for it.
    >
    > Does anyone one know what might be going on? I have a couple of other
    > IMAP accounts with another provider, and those never do this. So it
    > seems like something specific to Gmail.
    >
    > Thanks for any help with this.

    GMail have been having a few problems recently this has also cause me to
    have to re-enter my password a few times over the last week.

    --
    Annie.......... (VM BB L - Vista Ultimate)

    http://find-out-more.brion.me.uk - http://email-me.brion.me.uk

  3. Re: Gmail IMAP periodically asks for password...

    Annie R J Brion wrote:
    > Pat wrote:
    >> I have an IMAP Gmail account that for some reason, out of the blue,
    >> will periodically prompt me for the server password (even though I've
    >> told password manager to remember it). It just happened again today,
    >> and even after providing it, it has continued to prompt me for it.
    >>
    >> Does anyone one know what might be going on? I have a couple of other
    >> IMAP accounts with another provider, and those never do this. So it
    >> seems like something specific to Gmail.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help with this.

    > GMail have been having a few problems recently this has also cause me to
    > have to re-enter my password a few times over the last week.

    Thanks Annie. It's good to know it's not just me (or my setup). Let's
    hope Google gets this straightened out soon.

+ Reply to Thread