e-mail with HTML - Mozilla

This is a discussion on e-mail with HTML - Mozilla ; People complain that some of my messages come through with a lot of HTML along with the text. Is there any way that I can make the text option "TEXT ONLY", as default? Thank you....

  1. e-mail with HTML

    People complain that some of my messages come through with
    a lot of HTML along with the text. Is there any way that I can
    make the text option "TEXT ONLY", as default?

    Thank you.

  2. Re: e-mail with HTML

    William B. Lurie keyboarded, On 4/23/2008 8:35 PM :
    > People complain that some of my messages come through with
    > a lot of HTML along with the text. Is there any way that I can
    > make the text option "TEXT ONLY", as default?
    >
    > Thank you.

    Yes, You go to the Account Settings dialog and select the mail account
    that you want to switch to plain text. From the Composition & Addressing
    turn off composing in HTML.

    --
    Ron K.

  3. Re: e-mail with HTML

    Ron K. wrote:
    > William B. Lurie keyboarded, On 4/23/2008 8:35 PM :
    >> People complain that some of my messages come through with
    >> a lot of HTML along with the text. Is there any way that I can
    >> make the text option "TEXT ONLY", as default?
    >>
    >> Thank you.

    > Yes, You go to the Account Settings dialog and select the mail account
    > that you want to switch to plain text. From the Composition & Addressing
    > turn off composing in HTML.

    Thank you, Ron. I did that, and asked for Plain Text under Options
    in TB also, and when I go back to look, it somehow reset itself
    to HTML.

    Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but how do I set it as default,
    so that it never has to be reset to Plain Text again?

  4. Re: e-mail with HTML

    William B. Lurie keyboarded, On 4/24/2008 10:47 PM :
    > Ron K. wrote:
    >> William B. Lurie keyboarded, On 4/23/2008 8:35 PM :
    >>> People complain that some of my messages come through with
    >>> a lot of HTML along with the text. Is there any way that I can
    >>> make the text option "TEXT ONLY", as default?
    >>>
    >>> Thank you.

    >> Yes, You go to the Account Settings dialog and select the mail
    >> account that you want to switch to plain text. From the Composition &
    >> Addressing turn off composing in HTML.
    >>

    > Thank you, Ron. I did that, and asked for Plain Text under Options
    > in TB also, and when I go back to look, it somehow reset itself
    > to HTML.
    >
    > Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but how do I set it as default,
    > so that it never has to be reset to Plain Text again?

    There are two Config Editor edits to try. Filter on compose and toggle
    these to false if set true:
    mail.html_compose
    mail.identity.default.compose_html

    --
    Ron K.

  5. Re: e-mail with HTML

    Ron K. wrote:
    > William B. Lurie keyboarded, On 4/24/2008 10:47 PM :
    >> Ron K. wrote:
    >>> William B. Lurie keyboarded, On 4/23/2008 8:35 PM :

    >>> Yes, You go to the Account Settings dialog and select the mail
    >>> account that you want to switch to plain text. From the Composition &
    >>> Addressing turn off composing in HTML.
    >>>

    >> Thank you, Ron. I did that, and asked for Plain Text under Options
    >> in TB also, and when I go back to look, it somehow reset itself
    >> to HTML.
    >>
    >> Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but how do I set it as default,
    >> so that it never has to be reset to Plain Text again?

    > There are two Config Editor edits to try. Filter on compose and toggle
    > these to false if set true:
    > mail.html_compose
    > mail.identity.default.compose_html

    Ron, those two locations are a bit exotic for me to locate.
    Could you please lead me to them specifically? Thanks.

  6. Re: e-mail with HTML

    William B. Lurie said the following On 04/25/2008 04:43 PM:
    > Ron K. wrote:

    >> There are two Config Editor edits to try. Filter on compose and toggle
    >> these to false if set true:
    >> mail.html_compose
    >> mail.identity.default.compose_html
    >>

    > Ron, those two locations are a bit exotic for me to locate.
    > Could you please lead me to them specifically? Thanks.

    Goto Tools > Options > Advanced > General . Click on 'Config Editor'
    button .
    It will open a window , having a 'Filter' field within it .
    Type
    mail.html_compose
    in filter field . Right click on preference name and select toggle if
    it's already set True .
    Do same for another preference also .

  7. Re: e-mail with HTML

    William B. Lurie keyboarded, On 4/25/2008 7:13 AM :
    > Ron K. wrote:
    >> William B. Lurie keyboarded, On 4/24/2008 10:47 PM :

    >>> Thank you, Ron. I did that, and asked for Plain Text under Options
    >>> in TB also, and when I go back to look, it somehow reset itself
    >>> to HTML.
    >>>
    >>> Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but how do I set it as default,
    >>> so that it never has to be reset to Plain Text again?

    >> There are two Config Editor edits to try. Filter on compose and
    >> toggle these to false if set true:
    >> mail.html_compose
    >> mail.identity.default.compose_html
    >>

    > Ron, those two locations are a bit exotic for me to locate.
    > Could you please lead me to them specifically? Thanks.

    Use the filter bar and the list will shrink to a short list containing
    those entries. All the specifics are in imy prior reply, unless you
    don't know where in the Options dialog the Config Editor button is located.

    --
    Ron K.

  8. Re: e-mail with HTML

    Nir wrote:
    > William B. Lurie said the following On 04/25/2008 04:43 PM:
    >> Ron K. wrote:

    >>> There are two Config Editor edits to try. Filter on compose and toggle
    >>> these to false if set true:
    >>> mail.html_compose
    >>> mail.identity.default.compose_html
    >>>

    >> Ron, those two locations are a bit exotic for me to locate.
    >> Could you please lead me to them specifically? Thanks.

    > Goto Tools > Options > Advanced > General . Click on 'Config Editor'
    > button .
    > It will open a window , having a 'Filter' field within it .
    > Type
    > mail.html_compose
    > in filter field . Right click on preference name and select toggle if
    > it's already set True .
    > Do same for another preference also .

    Thank you, Nir. With your guidance, I got there
    and changed those two preferences to False.
    Couldn't have done it without you (or Ron).

+ Reply to Thread