Many messages don't show up in my folders - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Many messages don't show up in my folders - Mozilla ; Many of my email messages don't show up in my folders. For instance, a few minutes ago I had three messages. AVG scanned them, didn't report any problems, but none of the messages showed up in my folders - not ...

  1. Many messages don't show up in my folders

    Many of my email messages don't show up in my folders. For instance,
    a few minutes ago I had three messages. AVG scanned them, didn't
    report any problems, but none of the messages showed up in my folders
    - not even Trash or Junk. How can I tell if these messages are being
    lost?
    --
    Replace you know what by j to email

  2. Re: Many messages don't show up in my folders

    Jud McCranie wrote:
    > Many of my email messages don't show up in my folders. For instance,
    > a few minutes ago I had three messages. AVG scanned them, didn't
    > report any problems, but none of the messages showed up in my folders
    > - not even Trash or Junk. How can I tell if these messages are being
    > lost?

    View-->Threads-->All

  3. Re: Many messages don't show up in my folders

    On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:53:22 -0400, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
    wrote:

    >View-->Threads-->All

    I had All Threads selected, but some messages still don't show up.

    --
    Replace you know what by j to email

  4. Re: Many messages don't show up in my folders

    On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 20:57:06 -0400, Jud McCranie
    wrote:

    >I had All Threads selected, but some messages still don't show up.

    Well, I found some such messages in folders. In most folders if I get
    a new message, it turns bold and shows the number of new messages, but
    these didn't.
    --
    Replace you know what by j to email

  5. Re: Many messages don't show up in my folders

    On 24-04-2008 01:19 CET, Jud McCranie composed this enchanting statement:
    > Many of my email messages don't show up in my folders. For instance,
    > a few minutes ago I had three messages. AVG scanned them, didn't
    > report any problems, but none of the messages showed up in my folders
    > - not even Trash or Junk. How can I tell if these messages are being
    > lost?

    Did you ?
    Let me ask a couple of questions, first:

    - you say "my email messages", do you mean messages that you've sent?
    If yes, check the appropriate Account Settings, to see if and where a
    copy of your outgoing messages are stored;

    - do you employ message filters (see Tools menu) to store incoming
    messages away from the Inbox?

    - how many accounts and how many identities did you create, cq. define?

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  6. Re: Many messages don't show up in my folders

    On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:10:25 +0200, Melchert Fruitema
    wrote:

    >- you say "my email messages", do you mean messages that you've sent?

    No, I meant ones I'm receiving.

    >- do you employ message filters (see Tools menu) to store incoming
    >messages away from the Inbox?

    Yes, I have several filters, and some messages are deleted. Are
    deleted messages supposed to show up in the trash folder, or are they
    immediately discarded? (That may be the answer.)

    --
    Replace you know what by j to email

  7. Re: Many messages don't show up in my folders

    Jud McCranie said the following On 04/24/2008 06:27 AM:
    > On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:53:22 -0400, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
    > wrote:
    >
    >>View-->Threads-->All

    > I had All Threads selected, but some messages still don't show up.

    have you also set View > Messages > All .
    If no such option exist under View then right click on Toolbar and
    select Customize . Drag View bar in Toolbar . Now either from that drop
    down or at View > Messages , select All .

  8. Re: Many messages don't show up in my folders

    On 24-04-2008 16:24 CET, Jud McCranie composed this enchanting statement:
    > On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:10:25 +0200, Melchert Fruitema
    > wrote:
    >
    > >- you say "my email messages", do you mean messages that you've sent?

    > No, I meant ones I'm receiving.
    >
    > >- do you employ message filters (see Tools menu) to store incoming
    > >messages away from the Inbox?

    > Yes, I have several filters, and some messages are deleted. Are
    > deleted messages supposed to show up in the trash folder, or are they
    > immediately discarded? (That may be the answer.)

    For a POP mail account, a deleted message is not really removed from the
    mail folder, it is no longer visible.

    In case of an IMAP mail account, it depends on your Account Settings,
    Server Settings (see Tools menu). I use the option to mark messages as
    deleted; they are still shown in the mail folder.

    Note: when you compact a folder the messages that are 'marked as
    deleted', visible or not, will actually be removed from that folder.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  9. Re: Many messages don't show up in my folders

    On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 19:58:35 +0530, Nir wrote:

    >have you also set View > Messages > All .
    >If no such option exist under View then right click on Toolbar and
    >select Customize . Drag View bar in Toolbar . Now either from that drop
    >down or at View > Messages , select All .

    I don't see that in either place, but I do see View/Headers, which is
    set to "normal" instead of "All". Is that it?

    BTW, thanks for telling me about that right-click, now I dragged
    Previous and Next to the toolbar. I thought that should be there.
    --
    Replace you know what by j to email

  10. Re: Many messages don't show up in my folders

    On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 20:30:25 +0530, Nir wrote:
    >Btw , apart from View bar , have you tried to rebuild index of that
    >folder which frequently hiding various mails ? To Rebuild Index , right
    >click on folder > Property > Rebuild Index .

    That picked up some I had not been seeing. (I moved over from Eudora,
    so that may have been part of the problem.) But I had one filter that
    was moving messages to a folder and then marking them as read, I think
    that was the main problem.

    Thanks to all of you for your help!
    --
    Replace you know what by j to email

  11. Re: Many messages don't show up in my folders

    On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:19:55 -0400, Jud McCranie
    wrote:

    >Many of my email messages don't show up in my folders.

    Well, I've also found out that messages that it *thinks* are junk go
    into a folder, but it marks them as read, so I wasn't seeing those
    either. And not all of them are junk.

    --
    Replace you know what by j to email

+ Reply to Thread