Automatically advance to and show new messages - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Automatically advance to and show new messages - Mozilla ; When I get new messages I have to manually scroll down in the inbox's list of messages to see or go to the new messages. What do I need to do for thunderbird to automatically advance to the newest message ...

  1. Automatically advance to and show new messages

    When I get new messages I have to manually scroll down in the inbox's list
    of messages to see or go to the new messages.

    What do I need to do for thunderbird to automatically advance to the newest
    message in my inbox?

    Thanks,
    Robert

  2. Re: Automatically advance to and show new messages

    Robert wrote:
    > When I get new messages I have to manually scroll down in the inbox's list
    > of messages to see or go to the new messages.
    >
    > What do I need to do for thunderbird to automatically advance to the newest
    > message in my inbox?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Robert

    Hit the N button

    Put the NEXT button into the toolbar
    right click (mac control click) on toolbar, bringing up the
    label, click on customize. Drag the NEXT button to the toolbar

    Now you can click on NEXT to advance to the next unread message
    regardless of what folder (or newsgroup) it is in.

    For messages within the same folder you can use the F button

    You can also use the to move to the next message as well
    (after it pages down to the bottom of each message)

  3. Re: Automatically advance to and show new messages

    On 4/22/2008 4:16 PM, Robert wrote:
    > When I get new messages I have to manually scroll down in the inbox's list
    > of messages to see or go to the new messages.
    >
    > What do I need to do for thunderbird to automatically advance to the newest
    > message in my inbox?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Robert

    Hit the "n" key.

    --
    Irwin

  4. Re: Automatically advance to and show new messages

    * Robert wrote, On 4/22/2008 16:16:
    > When I get new messages I have to manually scroll down in the inbox's list
    > of messages to see or go to the new messages.
    >
    > What do I need to do for thunderbird to automatically advance to the newest
    > message in my inbox?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Robert

    As opposed to using N or F or a toolbar button, I simply use the down
    and right arrow keys - which also will open the next thread -- and the
    up arrow key or left arrow to go back -- different functions with threads.
    Miles

  5. Re: Automatically advance to and show new messages

    Robert said the following On 04/23/2008 04:46 AM:
    > When I get new messages I have to manually scroll down in the inbox's list
    > of messages to see or go to the new messages.
    >
    > What do I need to do for thunderbird to automatically advance to the newest
    > message in my inbox?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Robert

    Robert , as far I know TB should advance to newest message when you
    click on a folder having a new message if value of this preference
    'mailnews.scroll_to_new_message' is set to True .

  6. Re: Automatically advance to and show new messages

    Robert wrote:
    > When I get new messages I have to manually scroll down in the inbox's list
    > of messages to see or go to the new messages.
    >
    > What do I need to do for thunderbird to automatically advance to the newest
    > message in my inbox?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Robert

    Robert, when you get an answer to this, would you mind forwarding it to
    me, too, please? I have the same problem!
    Patty

  7. Re: Automatically advance to and show new messages

    Patricia wrote:
    > Robert wrote:
    >> When I get new messages I have to manually scroll down in the inbox's
    >> list of messages to see or go to the new messages.
    >>
    >> What do I need to do for thunderbird to automatically advance to the
    >> newest message in my inbox?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Robert
    >>

    > Robert, when you get an answer to this, would you mind forwarding it to
    > me, too, please? I have the same problem!
    > Patty

    I am confused.... how do you have the Inbox sorted? If you have it by
    date, then the most recent will either be at the top or the bottom of
    your list. Click on the Heading "Date" to reverse the order. This
    should solve your problem (unless what you are asking is that TB
    automatically open your newest mail).
    Todd

+ Reply to Thread