Marking usenet articles as read in different newsgroups - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Marking usenet articles as read in different newsgroups - Mozilla ; Hello all, Some of the newsgroups I read often have cross-posting with each other and I end up have to go through threads I've already read in the other newsgroup(s). Is there a way to have that message-id marked as ...

  1. Marking usenet articles as read in different newsgroups

    Hello all,

    Some of the newsgroups I read often have cross-posting with each other
    and I end up have to go through threads I've already read in the other
    newsgroup(s).

    Is there a way to have that message-id marked as read in all subscribed
    newsgroup so I don't have to read it a second, third, etc... time as i
    next through the unread articles?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Marking usenet articles as read in different newsgroups

    Cory Albrecht keyboarded, On 4/20/2008 9:40 PM :
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Some of the newsgroups I read often have cross-posting with each other
    > and I end up have to go through threads I've already read in the other
    > newsgroup(s).
    >
    > Is there a way to have that message-id marked as read in all
    > subscribed newsgroup so I don't have to read it a second, third,
    > etc... time as i next through the unread articles?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    An ability to process X-posting between groups has had a bug filed in
    Bugzilla for quite some time. At present the Thunderbird project is
    beginning to deal with those long standing bugs with the acquisition of
    it's full time staff. The Mozilla Messaging Co. just got off the ground
    in Feb. This is it's site URL:

    --
    Ron K.

  3. Re: Marking usenet articles as read in different newsgroups

    On 4/20/2008 6:40 PM, Cory Albrecht wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Some of the newsgroups I read often have cross-posting with each other
    > and I end up have to go through threads I've already read in the other
    > newsgroup(s).
    >
    > Is there a way to have that message-id marked as read in all subscribed
    > newsgroup so I don't have to read it a second, third, etc... time as i
    > next through the unread articles?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    This is bug #43278. See
    .

    --
    David E. Ross

    Go to Mozdev at for quick access to
    Mozilla-related applications. You can access Mozdev much