Thunderbird behind a proxy server. - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Thunderbird behind a proxy server. - Mozilla ; Hi, I'm currently located behind a corporate proxy server and am trying to use Thunderbird (2.0.0.12) to connect to my Gmail account. I've set up the proxy settings correctly using Tools --> Options --> Network & Disk Space --> Connection. ...

  1. Thunderbird behind a proxy server.

    Hi,

    I'm currently located behind a corporate proxy server and am trying to
    use Thunderbird (2.0.0.12) to connect to my Gmail account. I've set
    up the proxy settings correctly using Tools --> Options --> Network &
    Disk Space --> Connection.

    I'm able to receive my RSS feeds, but whenever I try to download my
    mail, I get the error "Failed to Connect to pop.gmail.com".

    I'm really looking forward to a solution to this problem as I can't
    use the Web-based gmail as I need access to my mails offline.

    Thanks in advance,
    V. Thomas

  2. Re: Thunderbird behind a proxy server.

    Vivek said the following On 04/17/2008 03:20 PM:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm currently located behind a corporate proxy server and am trying to
    > use Thunderbird (2.0.0.12) to connect to my Gmail account. I've set
    > up the proxy settings correctly using Tools --> Options --> Network &
    > Disk Space --> Connection.
    >
    > I'm able to receive my RSS feeds, but whenever I try to download my
    > mail, I get the error "Failed to Connect to pop.gmail.com".
    >
    > I'm really looking forward to a solution to this problem as I can't
    > use the Web-based gmail as I need access to my mails offline.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > V. Thomas

    Have you properly setup Gmail account ( pop ) in Thunderbird ? Please
    compare your settings with this page
    "https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=38343"

    And as you are configuring account to use SSL connection , I believe you
    have setup SSL proxy at Tools --> Options --> Network & Disk Space -->
    Connection. If not , please configure it first .

    Also to access your mails at Gmail server , please enable POP3 at your
    Gmail account .

+ Reply to Thread