tb on exchange - Mozilla

This is a discussion on tb on exchange - Mozilla ; Hi I am trying to use exchange mail on thunderbird, but having trouble getting it to work. For info, our incoming mail is on own our server, and our outgoing is over our ISP ( which it BT internet ) ...

  1. tb on exchange

    Hi

    I am trying to use exchange mail on thunderbird, but having trouble
    getting it to work. For info, our incoming mail is on own our server,
    and our outgoing is over our ISP ( which it BT internet ) which I am
    told requires secure authentication...anyone ?

    Our techie says it can't be done, so please help me succeed !!

    Many thanks
    Steve

  2. Re: tb on exchange

    stevej keyboarded, On 4/9/2008 10:26 AM :
    > Hi
    >
    > I am trying to use exchange mail on thunderbird, but having trouble
    > getting it to work. For info, our incoming mail is on own our server,
    > and our outgoing is over our ISP ( which it BT internet ) which I am
    > told requires secure authentication...anyone ?
    >
    > Our techie says it can't be done, so please help me succeed !!
    >
    > Many thanks
    > Steve

    The secure authentication is setup through the Account Settings dialog.
    At the bottom of the left pane are the SMTP outgoing server setups. If
    you have created an entry for BT Internet, edit them to show the proper
    port number, passwords and place an X in the box for the type of
    security encryption such as SSL or TSL, etc. that the server requires.

    --
    Ron K.