Trash folder icon improvement? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Trash folder icon improvement? - Mozilla ; This is for the developers. How about making the Trash folders a bit more handy by having the icons change when there's something in the folders?...

  1. Trash folder icon improvement?

    This is for the developers.

    How about making the Trash folders a bit more handy by having the icons
    change when there's something in the folders?

  2. Re: Trash folder icon improvement?

    On 08-04-2008 19:18 CET, Tom K composed this enchanting statement:
    > This is for the developers.
    >
    > How about making the Trash folders a bit more handy by having the
    > icons change when there's something in the folders?

    Developers do not frequent this newsgroup.

    No need for that. You can easily display the number of total and/or
    unread files in the folder. Tools->Options, icon Advanced, tab General:
    lcheck 'show extended columns in the folder pane'. Thereafter select the
    extended column(s) in the folder pane.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  3. Re: Trash folder icon improvement?

    Thanks. I did it. But the resulting change is really messy and ugly
    looking.

    So where does one go to submit suggestions?

    Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    > On 08-04-2008 19:18 CET, Tom K composed this enchanting statement:
    >> This is for the developers.
    >>
    >> How about making the Trash folders a bit more handy by having the
    >> icons change when there's something in the folders?

    > Developers do not frequent this newsgroup.
    >
    > No need for that. You can easily display the number of total and/or
    > unread files in the folder. Tools->Options, icon Advanced, tab General:
    > lcheck 'show extended columns in the folder pane'. Thereafter select the
    > extended column(s) in the folder pane.

  4. Re: Trash folder icon improvement?

    On 09-04-2008 15:29 CET, Tom K composed this enchanting statement:
    > Thanks. I did it. But the resulting change is really messy and ugly
    > looking.
    >
    > So where does one go to submit suggestions?

    Suggestions can be filed via .

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  5. Re: Trash folder icon improvement?

    Melchert Fruitema keyboarded, On 4/9/2008 1:25 PM :
    On 09-04-2008 15:29 CET, Tom K composed this enchanting statement:
    Thanks.  I did it.  But the resulting change is really messy and ugly looking.

    So where does one go to submit suggestions?

    Suggestions can be filed via <http://hendrix.mozilla.org/>.

    Melchert, I am wondering if this is something that could be addressed with a userChrome.css entry.  Given We can make user modifications to other elements of the Folder Pane based on selector rules for CSS, this one might be possible.

    Note the selectors in these two entries I use.

    treechildren::-moz-tree-image(folderNameCol, isServer-true, serverType-nntp)
       {list-style-image: url("news16.png") !important;}
    treechildren::-moz-tree-image(folderNameCol, isServer-true, serverType-nntp, isSecure-true)
       {list-style-image: url("snews16.png") !important;}

    In addition to these two I have been able to use this next entry because the Mail Tweaks extension unlocked the Name selector and exposed it to CSS manipulation in userChrome.css.

    treechildren::-moz-tree-image(folderNameCol, isServer-true, serverType-nntp, name-Annexcafe)
       {list-style-image: url("annexcafe.png") !important;}

    From my research through the jar file of the Classic and Sky Pilot themes I know there are a series of selectors specifically for each type of account, including the special Local account. Seems that what is called for is a user style that declares the proper account selector combined with a selector that tests for content in the folder. Just an example of activity the DOM Inspector was designed for.

    -- Ron K. Who is General Failure, and why is he searching my HDD? Kernel Restore reported BSOD use by Major Error to msg the enemy!

+ Reply to Thread