Personal Address Book - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Personal Address Book - Mozilla ; Thunderbird seems to automatically store name and e-mail address of people I have corresponded with in a folder called Personal Address Book. Is there a way to turn off this automatic feature? Thanks. -- tb...

  1. Personal Address Book

    --
    tb

  2. Re: Personal Address Book

    On 04.04.2008 20:32 » Tiziano« wrote:
    > Thunderbird seems to automatically store name and e-mail address of
    > people I have corresponded with in a folder called Personal Address Book.
    > Is there a way to turn off this automatic feature?
    > Thanks.

    There also exists a folder named "Collected Addresses". See TB Option,
    the third tab, somewhat called "Compose". Then the second tab called
    like "Addressing". There you can find an option to changes the "store
    to" of collected addresses.

  3. Re: Personal Address Book

    on 4/4/2008 2:45 PM gNeandr wrote the following:
    > On 04.04.2008 20:32 » Tiziano« wrote:
    >> Thunderbird seems to automatically store name and e-mail address of
    >> people I have corresponded with in a folder called Personal Address Book.
    >> Is there a way to turn off this automatic feature?
    >> Thanks.

    > There also exists a folder named "Collected Addresses". See TB Option,
    > the third tab, somewhat called "Compose". Then the second tab called
    > like "Addressing". There you can find an option to changes the "store
    > to" of collected addresses.

    Thanks!!
    --
    tb

  4. Re: Personal Address Book

    Tiziano wrote:
    > Thunderbird seems to automatically store name and e-mail address of
    > people I have corresponded with in a folder called Personal Address Book.
    > Is there a way to turn off this automatic feature?
    > Thanks.

    Tools>>Options>>Composition

    In the Addressing tab, you will find a checkbox for this preference.

    YOu can either uncheck the box, or switch the collection to Collected
    Addresses.

    Why they set the PAB as the default is beyond me.

    Lee

  5. Re: Personal Address Book

    on 4/4/2008 8:13 PM Leonidas Jones wrote the following:
    > Tiziano wrote:
    >> Thunderbird seems to automatically store name and e-mail address of
    >> people I have corresponded with in a folder called Personal Address Book.
    >> Is there a way to turn off this automatic feature?
    >> Thanks.

    > Tools>>Options>>Composition
    >
    > In the Addressing tab, you will find a checkbox for this preference.
    >
    > YOu can either uncheck the box, or switch the collection to Collected
    > Addresses.
    >
    > Why they set the PAB as the default is beyond me.
    >
    > Lee

    Thanks!
    --
    tb