How to insert an inline image? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How to insert an inline image? - Mozilla ; I have received posts in which there were inline images, means there were no attachments, the mails were just 10-12 KB that is not enough to carry a binary pic, yet it had direct link to some web location from ...

  1. How to insert an inline image?

    I have received posts in which there were inline images, means there
    were no attachments, the mails were just 10-12 KB that is not enough to
    carry a binary pic, yet it had direct link to some web location from
    where it was picking a picture and showing in the mail.

    I couldn't understand how to insert such a link in my mails being send
    to someone. could someone please guide me?

    Thanks.
    --
    Rawat

  2. Re: How to insert an inline image?

    V S Rawat wrote:
    > I have received posts in which there were inline images, means there
    > were no attachments, the mails were just 10-12 KB that is not enough
    > to carry a binary pic, yet it had direct link to some web location
    > from where it was picking a picture and showing in the mail.
    >
    > I couldn't understand how to insert such a link in my mails being send
    > to someone. could someone please guide me?

    Did you bother to do View: Source? I would think it would be almost a
    natural reaction to "look inside" with View: Source when thinking "Gee,
    how did they do that?"...
    --
    Andrew DeFaria
    If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

  3. Re: How to insert an inline image?

    On 4/4/2008 12:06 PM India Time, _Andrew DeFaria_ wrote:

    > V S Rawat wrote:
    >> I have received posts in which there were inline images, means there
    >> were no attachments, the mails were just 10-12 KB that is not enough
    >> to carry a binary pic, yet it had direct link to some web location
    >> from where it was picking a picture and showing in the mail.
    >>
    >> I couldn't understand how to insert such a link in my mails being send
    >> to someone. could someone please guide me?

    > Did you bother to do View: Source? I would think it would be almost a
    > natural reaction to "look inside" with View: Source when thinking "Gee,
    > how did they do that?"...
    > --
    > Andrew DeFaria

    Sure I did.

    One of such mail had:

    706.mail.in.yahoo.com" width=3D700 border=3D0>

    It is composed in html, but my default composer is in text mode. Can't I
    insert image links in text mode that get loaded and displayed when
    opened by the recipients?

    And even then, how do I get all those mail.in.yahoo.com details. I just
    have the link of a pic on the web that I want to insert inline.

    --
    Rawat

  4. Re: How to insert an inline image?

    V S Rawat pisze:
    > On 4/4/2008 12:06 PM India Time, _Andrew DeFaria_ wrote:
    >
    >> V S Rawat wrote:
    >>> I have received posts in which there were inline images, means there
    >>> were no attachments, the mails were just 10-12 KB that is not enough
    >>> to carry a binary pic, yet it had direct link to some web location
    >>> from where it was picking a picture and showing in the mail.
    >>>
    >>> I couldn't understand how to insert such a link in my mails being
    >>> send to someone. could someone please guide me?

    >> Did you bother to do View: Source? I would think it would be almost a
    >> natural reaction to "look inside" with View: Source when thinking
    >> "Gee, how did they do that?"...
    >> --
    >> Andrew DeFaria

    > Sure I did.
    >
    > One of such mail had:
    >

    > 706.mail.in.yahoo.com" width=3D700 border=3D0>

    > It is composed in html, but my default composer is in text mode. Can't I

    Hold SHIFT while initializing composer (ex: when you click on "Write"
    button) to force composer use opposite-to default mode. For You it will
    start composer in HTML editor mode.

    --
    Arivald

  5. Re: How to insert an inline image?

    V S Rawat wrote:
    > On 4/4/2008 12:06 PM India Time, _Andrew DeFaria_ wrote:
    >> V S Rawat wrote:
    >>> I have received posts in which there were inline images, means there
    >>> were no attachments, the mails were just 10-12 KB that is not enough
    >>> to carry a binary pic, yet it had direct link to some web location
    >>> from where it was picking a picture and showing in the mail.
    >>>
    >>> I couldn't understand how to insert such a link in my mails being
    >>> send to someone. could someone please guide me?

    >> Did you bother to do View: Source? I would think it would be almost a
    >> natural reaction to "look inside" with View: Source when thinking
    >> "Gee, how did they do that?"...

    > Sure I did.
    >
    > One of such mail had:
    >

    > src=4E"cid:5.427144527@web8=
    > 706.mail.in.yahoo.com" width=3D700 border=3D0>

    > It is composed in html, but my default composer is in text mode.

    If you're in text mode, other than ASCII art, why would you think an
    image would be allowed inline. It's text mode for Christ's sake! Compose
    in HTML mode if you want your images inline.
    > Can't I insert image links in text mode that get loaded and displayed
    > when opened by the recipients?

    Ah, no, you can't. They get attached. They can be loaded and displayed
    when the attachment is opened by recipients. Try HTML mode.
    > And even then, how do I get all those mail.in.yahoo.com details. I
    > just have the link of a pic on the web that I want to insert inline.

    You're talking two different things. When composing in HTML mode, like a
    web page, you can refer to an external image with an tag. Same in
    HTML email. Additionally you can attach an email as you probably know.
    However in HTML mode you can do a hybrid form of both - the image is
    attached and it's referred to inline so as to render it in the HTML.
    That's the "cid:" part. The Yahoo portion is just part of a reference
    because the guy probably used Yahoo's email. I believe >
    where is an external link (i.e.
    http://example.com/images/image1.jpg) will show as just an image but not
    attached to the message but if is a file: reference then it will
    be attached and a cid: reference will be used instead.
    --
    Andrew DeFaria
    Ethernet (n): something used to catch the etherbunny

+ Reply to Thread