How to import textfile "inbox" into FF 2.0.0.12? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How to import textfile "inbox" into FF 2.0.0.12? - Mozilla ; I use FF to retrieve mail from my server, but while away from home and FF I have unix shell access to my server and use pine. Recently while using pine I saved a lot of mail to a folder ...

  1. How to import textfile "inbox" into FF 2.0.0.12?

    I use FF to retrieve mail from my server, but while away from home and
    FF I have unix shell access to my server and use pine. Recently while
    using pine I saved a lot of mail to a folder I created. I didn't
    realize that pine saved it as a pure text file, not as a mail file (I
    don't know what the difference is, but pine doesn't find my newly
    created file as a mailbox.)

    I have downloaded the text file to my computer which has FF. Is there a
    way to import it into FF? It has many, many messages, each with full
    headers, but no other specifically mail info such as (I'm just guessing)
    pointers, lengths, etc.

    Alternatively, does anyone know how to get pine to recognize the file as
    a mail file?

    -- Dudley

  2. Re: How to import textfile "inbox" into TB 2.0.0.12?

    Sorry, of course I meant TB, not FF:

    Dudley Brooks wrote: (except "FF" now changed to "TB")

    > I use TB to retrieve mail from my server, but while away from home and
    > TB I have unix shell access to my server and use pine. Recently while
    > using pine I saved a lot of mail to a folder I created. I didn't
    > realize that pine saved it as a pure text file, not as a mail file (I
    > don't know what the difference is, but pine doesn't find my newly
    > created file as a mailbox.)
    >
    > I have downloaded the text file to my computer which has TB. Is there a
    > way to import it into TB? It has many, many messages, each with full
    > headers, but no other specifically mail info such as (I'm just guessing)
    > pointers, lengths, etc.
    >
    > Alternatively, does anyone know how to get pine to recognize the file as
    > a mail file?
    >
    > -- Dudley

  3. Got it!, was Re: How to import textfile "inbox" into TB 2.0.0.12?

    Naturally I figured out how to do it immediately after sending my help
    request! For any other dummies ... uh, newbies ... out there, here it
    is (without going into great detail): simply place the text file in an
    appropriate place in your profile/.../mail/... directory.

    Gee, it's nice having a program that uses non-proprietary textfile format!

    Dudley Brooks wrote:
    > Sorry, of course I meant TB, not FF:
    >
    > Dudley Brooks wrote: (except "FF" now changed to "TB")
    >
    >> I use TB to retrieve mail from my server, but while away from home and
    >> TB I have unix shell access to my server and use pine. Recently while
    >> using pine I saved a lot of mail to a folder I created. I didn't
    >> realize that pine saved it as a pure text file, not as a mail file (I
    >> don't know what the difference is, but pine doesn't find my newly
    >> created file as a mailbox.)
    >>
    >> I have downloaded the text file to my computer which has TB. Is there
    >> a way to import it into TB? It has many, many messages, each with
    >> full headers, but no other specifically mail info such as (I'm just
    >> guessing) pointers, lengths, etc.
    >>
    >> Alternatively, does anyone know how to get pine to recognize the file
    >> as a mail file?
    >>
    >> -- Dudley

+ Reply to Thread