"Delete" button deletes current email, but the email stays on thescreen - Mozilla

This is a discussion on "Delete" button deletes current email, but the email stays on thescreen - Mozilla ; Has anyone else experienced the following? You open an email, read it, and then when you hit the "delete" button, nothing happens. When I close the email and go back to the Inbox, I find that the email has, in ...

  1. "Delete" button deletes current email, but the email stays on thescreen

    Has anyone else experienced the following? You open an email, read it,
    and then when you hit the "delete" button, nothing happens. When I close
    the email and go back to the Inbox, I find that the email has, in fact,
    been deleted. This will keep on happening with subsequent emails until I
    close T-Bird (2.0.0.12 for Windows XP) and re-start it. Then
    everything's fine again. This happens several times a week, but not
    often-enough to replicate it on demand.

  2. Re: "Delete" button deletes current email, but the email stays onthe screen

    Storm keyboarded, On 4/3/2008 3:22 PM :
    > Has anyone else experienced the following? You open an email, read it,
    > and then when you hit the "delete" button, nothing happens. When I
    > close the email and go back to the Inbox, I find that the email has,
    > in fact, been deleted. This will keep on happening with subsequent
    > emails until I close T-Bird (2.0.0.12 for Windows XP) and re-start it.
    > Then everything's fine again. This happens several times a week, but
    > not often-enough to replicate it on demand.

    That is how Tb was designed to behave. The last displayed content
    remains in the message pane untill new content is rendered.

    --
    Ron K.

  3. Re: "Delete" button deletes current email, but the email stays onthe screen

    Ron K. wrote:
    > Storm keyboarded, On 4/3/2008 3:22 PM :
    >> Has anyone else experienced the following? You open an email, read it,
    >> and then when you hit the "delete" button, nothing happens. When I
    >> close the email and go back to the Inbox, I find that the email has,
    >> in fact, been deleted. This will keep on happening with subsequent
    >> emails until I close T-Bird (2.0.0.12 for Windows XP) and re-start it.
    >> Then everything's fine again. This happens several times a week, but
    >> not often-enough to replicate it on demand.

    > That is how Tb was designed to behave. The last displayed content
    > remains in the message pane untill new content is rendered.

    But what if the new content is never rendered....? I'll try being more
    patient, but it seems that I've waited a long, long time in the past,
    and nothing ever happened.

  4. Re: "Delete" button deletes current email, but the email stays onthe screen

    Storm keyboarded, On 4/4/2008 7:43 AM :
    > Ron K. wrote:
    >> Storm keyboarded, On 4/3/2008 3:22 PM :
    >>> Has anyone else experienced the following? You open an email, read
    >>> it, and then when you hit the "delete" button, nothing happens. When
    >>> I close the email and go back to the Inbox, I find that the email
    >>> has, in fact, been deleted. This will keep on happening with
    >>> subsequent emails until I close T-Bird (2.0.0.12 for Windows XP) and
    >>> re-start it. Then everything's fine again. This happens several
    >>> times a week, but not often-enough to replicate it on demand.

    >> That is how Tb was designed to behave. The last displayed content
    >> remains in the message pane untill new content is rendered.
    >>

    > But what if the new content is never rendered....? I'll try being more
    > patient, but it seems that I've waited a long, long time in the past,
    > and nothing ever happened.

    Try this action to change the rendered content when you are done with
    reading a message and do the delete step. Use the Go menu and select
    the Mail Start Page option. What happens then?

    --
    Ron K.

  5. Re: "Delete" button deletes current email, but the email stays onthe screen

    Ron K. wrote:
    > Storm keyboarded, On 4/4/2008 7:43 AM :
    >> Ron K. wrote:
    >>> Storm keyboarded, On 4/3/2008 3:22 PM :
    >>>
    >>> That is how Tb was designed to behave. The last displayed content
    >>> remains in the message pane untill new content is rendered.
    >>>

    >> But what if the new content is never rendered....? I'll try being more
    >> patient, but it seems that I've waited a long, long time in the past,
    >> and nothing ever happened.

    > Try this action to change the rendered content when you are done with
    > reading a message and do the delete step. Use the Go menu and select
    > the Mail Start Page option. What happens then?

    I don't see any such option under the "Go" menu. But I will say this
    about your previous comment that having the email remain on the screen
    after hitting "delete" is normal. First, it's not normal, because I've
    been using T-Bird and Netscape for many years, and they've never behaved
    like this before. Second, it's not normal because it stops doing it
    after I close and reboot T-Bird, so obviously some error has been
    corrected by rebooting. Third, it's not a matter of waiting for the
    content of the next email to be displayed, because I just tried waiting
    for 5 minutes after hitting delete, and the next email never showed. I
    think 5 minutes is long enough to prove this is a bug, not an
    "undocumented feature".

+ Reply to Thread