A "Mark Newsgroup Read" button ??? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on A "Mark Newsgroup Read" button ??? - Mozilla ; On 04.04.2008 02:51, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Gnus2Me to generate the following:? : > Blinky the Shark wrote: > >> Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote: >> >>> Blinky the Shark wrote: >>> >>>> Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote: ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: A "Mark Newsgroup Read" button ???

    On 04.04.2008 02:51, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Gnus2Me to
    generate the following:? :
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:

    >>> Sir Svelte Fish:
    >>>

    >> Here!
    >>

    >>> You're on linux, does not Ctrl+Shift+M mark all read in TB? It does in
    >>> SM . Perhaps Alt+etc in windows?
    >>>

    >> Yes, it does. Now, how does he do Ctrl-Shift-m with his mouse?
    >>

    > A solution has been discovered!
    >
    > In Windows TB, the extensions "Custom Buttons2" and "Keyconfig" allowed
    > me to create a button that calls the Windows keyboard shortcut for Mark
    > All (Ctrl+Shift+C). Keyconfig told me what the code for the shortcut
    > was. The new button works exactly as I had hoped. Thanks!

    good to hear it! I was going to suggest (to Blinky) that a 7-key-mouse
    be installed and then we could look at that in detail *lol*

    reg

  2. Re: A "Mark Newsgroup Read" button ???

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 04.04.2008 02:51, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Gnus2Me to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> Here!

    >>> Yes, it does. Now, how does he do Ctrl-Shift-m with his mouse?
    >>>

    >> A solution has been discovered!
    >>
    >> In Windows TB, the extensions "Custom Buttons2" and "Keyconfig" allowed
    >> me to create a button that calls the Windows keyboard shortcut for Mark
    >> All (Ctrl+Shift+C). Keyconfig told me what the code for the shortcut
    >> was. The new button works exactly as I had hoped. Thanks!
    >>

    > good to hear it! I was going to suggest (to Blinky) that a 7-key-mouse
    > be installed and then we could look at that in detail *lol*

    You have no idea how intimidating a seven-button mouse is to those of
    use who use fins.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  3. Re: A "Mark Newsgroup Read" button ???

    JR Allas wrote:
    > Right-Click on any message in that newsgroup and a context menu will
    > open. Click on "Mark" then click on "All-Read". If there's a quicker
    > way, please let me know.
    >
    > JR Allas - jrallas@yahoo.com - Crest Hill, IL - USA
    >

    > Gnus2Me wrote:
    >> I have not been able to locate an extension that will create a button
    >> that marks the currently selected newsgroup as read. A button that
    >> produces the same effect as clicking the "Mark Newsgroup Read" in the
    >> right-click context menu, is what I'm looking for. No more, no less.
    >>
    >> Alternately, is there any way to create a macro that performs the task?

    Sure. Download and install the Mark All Read extension, drag the icon
    to the toolbar, and one click does it all after that.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2