Saved Word and Excel files are corrupted on Vista - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Saved Word and Excel files are corrupted on Vista - Mozilla ; My apologies for being inept in creating a Google query that will answer my question... I recently moved to Vista, and now whenever I save a Word DOC file or an Excel XLS file out of my inbox its corrupted. ...

  1. Saved Word and Excel files are corrupted on Vista

    My apologies for being inept in creating a Google query that will answer
    my question...

    I recently moved to Vista, and now whenever I save a Word DOC file or an
    Excel XLS file out of my inbox its corrupted.

    Saving the same file(s) from OutLook works fine every time, so they are
    not corrupt from the sender, they actually get corrupted by something
    that ThunderBird 2.0 is doing.

    It always worked when I had XP.

    Is there a setting I'm missing?

    I'm using secure IMAP if that matters.

    Thanks in advance for your time,
    Anders

  2. Re: Saved Word and Excel files are corrupted on Vista

    Anders Ohlsson wrote:
    > My apologies for being inept in creating a Google query that will answer
    > my question...
    >
    > I recently moved to Vista, and now whenever I save a Word DOC file or an
    > Excel XLS file out of my inbox its corrupted.
    >
    > Saving the same file(s) from OutLook works fine every time, so they are
    > not corrupt from the sender, they actually get corrupted by something
    > that ThunderBird 2.0 is doing.
    >
    > It always worked when I had XP.
    >
    > Is there a setting I'm missing?
    >
    > I'm using secure IMAP if that matters.

    Since you appear to be using Windows, go to Tools -> Options -> Advanced
    -> General, then click the button labeled 'Config Editor'.

    In the Filter: bar, enter: chunks.

    Look for the preference, mail.imap.fetch_by_chunks, and double click on
    it, to set it to 'true'.

    Try saving an attachment. Does it work now?

    --
    Alex K.

  3. Re: Saved Word and Excel files are corrupted on Vista

    > Look for the preference, mail.imap.fetch_by_chunks, and double click on
    > it, to set it to 'true'.
    >
    > Try saving an attachment. Does it work now?

    By default it's "true", so I set it to "false" and now it works
    perfectly.

    Thanks!

  4. Re: Saved Word and Excel files are corrupted on Vista

    Anders Ohlsson wrote:
    >> Look for the preference, mail.imap.fetch_by_chunks, and double click on
    >> it, to set it to 'true'.
    >>
    >> Try saving an attachment. Does it work now?

    > By default it's "true", so I set it to "false" and now it works
    > perfectly.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Oops, sorry 'bout that, I really did mean to say 'false', at least, I
    did in my mind.

    Glad to hear you got it working, despite my instructions. ;-)

    --
    Alex K.

+ Reply to Thread