can't install on new computer - Mozilla

This is a discussion on can't install on new computer - Mozilla ; Have used thunderbird for several years w/o any difficulties. Just got new computer with Vista home premium and can't download thunderbird even with correct settings.Have to continue using old computer (windows xp) to get e-mail as i prefer it Ray ...

  1. can't install on new computer

    Have used thunderbird for several years w/o any difficulties. Just got new
    computer with Vista home premium and can't download thunderbird even with
    correct settings.Have to continue using old computer (windows xp) to get
    e-mail as i prefer it

    Ray Allen

  2. Re: can't install on new computer

    On 02-04-2008 18:53 CET, the allens composed this enchanting statement:
    > Have used thunderbird for several years w/o any difficulties. Just got new
    > computer with Vista home premium and can't download thunderbird even with
    > correct settings.Have to continue using old computer (windows xp) to get
    > e-mail as i prefer it
    >
    > Ray Allen

    I presume you have installed Thunderbird and you cannot download
    messages. How do you know you have the correct settings?

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  3. Re: can't install on new computer

    On 02-04-2008 18:53 CET, the allens composed this enchanting statement:
    > Have used thunderbird for several years w/o any difficulties. Just got new computer with Vista home premium and can't download thunderbird even with correct settings. Have to continue using old computer (windows xp) to get e-mail as i prefer it
    >
    > (copied from
    >

    > ... have settings as listed on old computer and from isp provider. problem is after downloading get message "unable to connect to server" wondered if problem might be compatibility w/vista

    This knowledge base article may assist you resolving the connect problem:

    .

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  4. Re: can't install on new computer

    the allens wrote:
    > Have used thunderbird for several years w/o any difficulties. Just got new
    > computer with Vista home premium and can't download thunderbird even with
    > correct settings.Have to continue using old computer (windows xp) to get
    > e-mail as i prefer it
    >
    > Ray Allen

    vista here and no problem, so is not that easy .. See the settings to
    allow TB to connect without problems, firewall, anti virus etc ..

+ Reply to Thread