FF links from TB - Mozilla

This is a discussion on FF links from TB - Mozilla ; Suddenly, with both FF and TB open, when I click on a link in TB it does not bring FF to the fore. If I go to FF from the task bar, the link is posted. This is brand new ...

  1. FF links from TB

    Suddenly, with both FF and TB open, when I click on a link in TB it does
    not bring FF to the fore. If I go to FF from the task bar, the link is
    posted. This is brand new behavior.

    Using FF 2.0.0.13 and the latest TB on Windows XP Home.

    Ideas?

  2. Re: FF links from TB

    Stephen Fox wrote:
    > Suddenly, with both FF and TB open, when I click on a link in TB it does
    > not bring FF to the fore. If I go to FF from the task bar, the link is
    > posted. This is brand new behavior.
    >
    > Using FF 2.0.0.13 and the latest TB on Windows XP Home.
    >
    > Ideas?

    This is actually a FF issue.

    In the FF URL bar, enter: about:config.

    In the Filter: bar, enter: divert.

    You should see the preference, browser.tabs.loadDivertedInBackground.
    If the value is 'true', double click on it, to toggle it to 'false'.

    Try clicking on a link, in TB, to test if it pulls FF to the foreground.

    --
    Alex K.

  3. Re: FF links from TB

    Alex K. wrote:
    > Stephen Fox wrote:
    >
    >> Suddenly, with both FF and TB open, when I click on a link in TB it does
    >> not bring FF to the fore. If I go to FF from the task bar, the link is
    >> posted. This is brand new behavior.
    >>
    >> Using FF 2.0.0.13 and the latest TB on Windows XP Home.
    >>
    >> Ideas?
    >>

    > This is actually a FF issue.
    >
    > In the FF URL bar, enter: about:config.
    >
    > In the Filter: bar, enter: divert.
    >
    > You should see the preference, browser.tabs.loadDivertedInBackground.
    > If the value is 'true', double click on it, to toggle it to 'false'.
    >
    > Try clicking on a link, in TB, to test if it pulls FF to the foreground.

    Alex,

    It was set to false. Appears to have been a temp. glitch associated
    with one site. Thanks for the "about" tip.

  4. Re: FF links from TB

    On 4/3/2008 7:56 AM, Stephen Fox wrote:
    > Alex K. wrote:
    >> Stephen Fox wrote:
    >>
    >>> Suddenly, with both FF and TB open, when I click on a link in TB it
    >>> does not bring FF to the fore. If I go to FF from the task bar, the
    >>> link is posted. This is brand new behavior.
    >>>
    >>> Using FF 2.0.0.13 and the latest TB on Windows XP Home.
    >>>
    >>> Ideas?
    >>>

    >> This is actually a FF issue.
    >>
    >> In the FF URL bar, enter: about:config.
    >>
    >> In the Filter: bar, enter: divert.
    >>
    >> You should see the preference, browser.tabs.loadDivertedInBackground.
    >> If the value is 'true', double click on it, to toggle it to 'false'.
    >>
    >> Try clicking on a link, in TB, to test if it pulls FF to the foreground.
    >>

    > Alex,
    >
    > It was set to false. Appears to have been a temp. glitch associated
    > with one site. Thanks for the "about" tip.

    My experience is that if I click on a link in TB, then FF will be
    brought to foreground if no other tabs are open; otherwise it won't, but
    the new tab will be opened in background.

    --
    Irwin

  5. Re: FF links from TB

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    > On 4/3/2008 7:56 AM, Stephen Fox wrote:
    >> Alex K. wrote:

    >>> This is actually a FF issue.
    >>>
    >>> In the FF URL bar, enter: about:config.
    >>>
    >>> In the Filter: bar, enter: divert.
    >>>
    >>> You should see the preference, browser.tabs.loadDivertedInBackground.
    >>> If the value is 'true', double click on it, to toggle it to 'false'.
    >>>
    >>> Try clicking on a link, in TB, to test if it pulls FF to the
    >>> foreground.
    >>>

    >> Alex,
    >>
    >> It was set to false. Appears to have been a temp. glitch associated
    >> with one site. Thanks for the "about" tip.

    > My experience is that if I click on a link in TB, then FF will be
    > brought to foreground if no other tabs are open; otherwise it won't,
    > but the new tab will be opened in background.

    Irwin,

    I had other tabs open and clicked on your "Knowledge Base" link.
    Performed as it should; came to the fore.

+ Reply to Thread