Thunderbird no longer downloads my emails! - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Thunderbird no longer downloads my emails! - Mozilla ; For the last two weeks Thunderbird has not been able to download my emails. It knows that they are there and attempts to download them, but after a minute or so I get the message: connection to server mail.btinternet.com timed ...

  1. Thunderbird no longer downloads my emails!

    For the last two weeks Thunderbird has not been able to download my
    emails. It knows that they are there and attempts to download them, but
    after a minute or so I get the message:

    connection to server mail.btinternet.com timed out

    I can still access my bt email online through btyahoo, but cannot
    download through Thunderbird.

    HELP!

    Mark Robinson

  2. Re: Thunderbird no longer downloads my emails!

    Mark Robinson wrote:
    > For the last two weeks Thunderbird has not been able to download my
    > emails. It knows that they are there and attempts to download them, but
    > after a minute or so I get the message:
    >
    > connection to server mail.btinternet.com timed out
    >
    > I can still access my bt email online through btyahoo, but cannot
    > download through Thunderbird.

    Since you appear to be on Windows, try this:

    Go to Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Network & Disk Space.

    Increase the value of 'Connection Timeout:' to something like 120 or 360
    seconds.

    Try getting your mail again. Does it work?

    --
    Alex K.

+ Reply to Thread