Spelling checker - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Spelling checker - Mozilla ; I'm using Thunderbird version 2.0.0.12 (20080213). My spelling checker seems to work normally on mail I initiate, but it doesn't work when I reply or forward a message. Is this a known fault that is being fixed in a future ...

  1. Spelling checker

    I'm using Thunderbird version 2.0.0.12 (20080213). My spelling checker
    seems to work normally on mail I initiate, but it doesn't work when I
    reply or forward a message. Is this a known fault that is being fixed in
    a future release?

    Ken

  2. Re: Spelling checker

    On 27-03-2008 01:03 CET, Ken Sympson composed this enchanting statement:
    > I'm using Thunderbird version 2.0.0.12 (20080213). My spelling checker
    > seems to work normally on mail I initiate, but it doesn't work when I
    > reply or forward a message. Is this a known fault that is being fixed
    > in a future release?

    The spell check is done on your reply, not on the quoted text.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  3. Re: Spelling checker

    Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    > On 27-03-2008 01:03 CET, Ken Sympson composed this enchanting statement:
    >> I'm using Thunderbird version 2.0.0.12 (20080213). My spelling checker
    >> seems to work normally on mail I initiate, but it doesn't work when I
    >> reply or forward a message. Is this a known fault that is being fixed
    >> in a future release?
    >>

    > The spell check is done on your reply, not on the quoted text.

    That's the problem -- it doesn't look at my reply text, either in real
    time or when I select Options/Check spelling. Oddly, it is checking this
    reply. Normally, my replies are set so that the reply text is at the top
    of the page. Could it be that it gets confused in this case, but is fine
    if the reply text is at the bottom, as in this message?

  4. Re: Spelling checker

    Ken Sympson wrote:
    > Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    >> On 27-03-2008 01:03 CET, Ken Sympson composed this enchanting statement:
    >>> I'm using Thunderbird version 2.0.0.12 (20080213). My spelling
    >>> checker seems to work normally on mail I initiate, but it doesn't
    >>> work when I reply or forward a message. Is this a known fault that is
    >>> being fixed in a future release?
    >>>

    >> The spell check is done on your reply, not on the quoted text.
    >>

    > That's the problem -- it doesn't look at my reply text, either in real
    > time or when I select Options/Check spelling. Oddly, it is checking this
    > reply. Normally, my replies are set so that the reply text is at the top
    > of the page. Could it be that it gets confused in this case, but is fine
    > if the reply text is at the bottom, as in this message?

    Top v. bottom posting shouldn't make any difference to the spell
    checker. Could your reply be getting sucked into the actual quoted text?

    Lee

  5. Re: Spelling checker

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Ken Sympson wrote:
    >> Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    >>> On 27-03-2008 01:03 CET, Ken Sympson composed this enchanting statement:
    >>>>
    >>> The spell check is done on your reply, not on the quoted text.
    >>>

    >> That's the problem -- it doesn't look at my reply text, either in real
    >> time or when I select Options/Check spelling. Oddly, it is checking
    >> this reply. Normally, my replies are set so that the reply text is at
    >> the top of the page. Could it be that it gets confused in this case,
    >> but is fine if the reply text is at the bottom, as in this message?
    >>

    > Top v. bottom posting shouldn't make any difference to the spell
    > checker. Could your reply be getting sucked into the actual quoted text?
    >
    > Lee

    I'll check that out...thanks!

+ Reply to Thread