How to change download directory? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How to change download directory? - Mozilla ; I had mozilla-thunderbird 2.0.0.6 (20071022) working perfectly and saving attachments to the directory: /home/user/dl A few weeks ago I added a directory called 'michael' under dl to save a few files. Now _all_ downloads go in /home/user/dl/michael. The Preferences are ...

  1. How to change download directory?

    I had mozilla-thunderbird 2.0.0.6 (20071022) working perfectly and
    saving attachments to the directory:
    /home/user/dl

    A few weeks ago I added a directory called 'michael' under dl to save a
    few files. Now _all_ downloads go in
    /home/user/dl/michael.

    The Preferences are still set for /home/user/dl but Thunderbird is
    ignoring that in favor of /home/user/dl/michael.

    How can I change the directory back to /home/user/dl?

    I grepped in the ~/.mozilla-thunderbird/xxxxx.default
    and found the lines below. Can I just edit the prefs.js file to get rid
    of michael?

    prefs.js:user_pref("mail.compose.attach.dir", "/home/lba/dl/michael");
    prefs.js:user_pref("messenger.save.dir", "/home/lba/dl/michael");

    Larry

  2. Re: How to change download directory?

    Larry Alkoff wrote:
    > I had mozilla-thunderbird 2.0.0.6 (20071022) working perfectly and
    > saving attachments to the directory:
    > /home/user/dl
    >
    > A few weeks ago I added a directory called 'michael' under dl to save a
    > few files. Now _all_ downloads go in
    > /home/user/dl/michael.
    >
    > The Preferences are still set for /home/user/dl but Thunderbird is
    > ignoring that in favor of /home/user/dl/michael.
    >
    > How can I change the directory back to /home/user/dl?
    >
    > I grepped in the ~/.mozilla-thunderbird/xxxxx.default
    > and found the lines below. Can I just edit the prefs.js file to get rid
    > of michael?
    >
    > prefs.js:user_pref("mail.compose.attach.dir", "/home/lba/dl/michael");
    > prefs.js:user_pref("messenger.save.dir", "/home/lba/dl/michael");
    >

    > Larry

    could it be that if you just say "save as" you are offered again a
    browse window so that you select what you want? It will probably
    remember that from that point ..

    see the tools /options //attachments
    ask where .. vs save all..

+ Reply to Thread