Re: secnews is refusing me... - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: secnews is refusing me... - Mozilla ; clay wrote: > could not connect to server secnews.bla bla bla the connection was refused. > It's worked recently (before the last upgrade?) I haven't changed any > settings. > ssl & 563 > md5 is true. > ssl2 is ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Re: secnews is refusing me...

  1. Re: secnews is refusing me...

    clay wrote:
    > could not connect to server secnews.bla bla bla the connection was refused.
    > It's worked recently (before the last upgrade?) I haven't changed any
    > settings.
    > ssl & 563
    > md5 is true.
    > ssl2 is true.
    > I even added ssl12 and ssl13 per some old posts (thanks Daniel!) since
    > these didn't exist, and set them true.
    > Still can't get in.
    > Ideas?


    Server is down due to a cert problem. There is a thread on the subject
    in mozilla.general.

    Lee

  2. Re: secnews is refusing me...

    Leonidas Jones keyboarded, On 3/26/2008 3:06 PM :
    > clay wrote:
    >> could not connect to server secnews.bla bla bla the connection was
    >> refused.
    >> It's worked recently (before the last upgrade?) I haven't changed any
    >> settings.
    >> ssl & 563
    >> md5 is true.
    >> ssl2 is true.
    >> I even added ssl12 and ssl13 per some old posts (thanks Daniel!)
    >> since these didn't exist, and set them true.
    >> Still can't get in.
    >> Ideas?

    >
    > Server is down due to a cert problem. There is a thread on the
    > subject in mozilla.general.
    >
    > Lee


    Thanks for the note, was wondering why the sudden failure to connect today.

    --
    Ron K.
    Who is General Failure, and why is he searching my HDD?
    Kernel Restore reported BSOD use by Major Error to msg the enemy!

  3. Re: secnews is refusing me...

    clay wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> clay wrote:
    >>> could not connect to server secnews.bla bla bla the connection was
    >>> refused.
    >>> It's worked recently (before the last upgrade?) I haven't changed any
    >>> settings.
    >>> ssl & 563
    >>> md5 is true.
    >>> ssl2 is true.
    >>> I even added ssl12 and ssl13 per some old posts (thanks Daniel!) since
    >>> these didn't exist, and set them true.
    >>> Still can't get in.
    >>> Ideas?

    >>
    >> Server is down due to a cert problem. There is a thread on the subject
    >> in mozilla.general.
    >>
    >> Lee

    >
    > So there is. Should have known this is a general issue, not a TB one.
    > The last thread subject on this server with the word 'secnews' or
    > 'refuse' (relating to secnews) was January... Saw the bit about cert.
    > Didn't appear to prevent access then, though. Has it been down since
    > January?
    > Didn't think to search for netscape.com. my bad...
    >


    LOL I posted about it in ff so there are lotsa posts about it now.

  4. Re: secnews is refusing me...

    Tonya Marshall wrote:
    > clay wrote:
    >> Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >>> clay wrote:
    >>>> could not connect to server secnews.bla bla bla the connection was
    >>>> refused.
    >>>> It's worked recently (before the last upgrade?) I haven't changed
    >>>> any settings.
    >>>> ssl & 563
    >>>> md5 is true.
    >>>> ssl2 is true.
    >>>> I even added ssl12 and ssl13 per some old posts (thanks Daniel!)
    >>>> since these didn't exist, and set them true.
    >>>> Still can't get in.
    >>>> Ideas?
    >>>
    >>> Server is down due to a cert problem. There is a thread on the
    >>> subject in mozilla.general.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >>
    >> So there is. Should have known this is a general issue, not a TB one.
    >> The last thread subject on this server with the word 'secnews' or
    >> 'refuse' (relating to secnews) was January... Saw the bit about cert.
    >> Didn't appear to prevent access then, though. Has it been down since
    >> January?
    >> Didn't think to search for netscape.com. my bad...
    >>

    >
    > LOL I posted about it in ff so there are lotsa posts about it now.


    I just replied. I was nice to you and everything!

    Lee

  5. Re: secnews is refusing me...

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Tonya Marshall wrote:
    >> clay wrote:
    >>> Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >>>> clay wrote:
    >>>>> could not connect to server secnews.bla bla bla the connection was
    >>>>> refused.
    >>>>> It's worked recently (before the last upgrade?) I haven't changed
    >>>>> any settings.
    >>>>> ssl & 563
    >>>>> md5 is true.
    >>>>> ssl2 is true.
    >>>>> I even added ssl12 and ssl13 per some old posts (thanks Daniel!)
    >>>>> since these didn't exist, and set them true.
    >>>>> Still can't get in.
    >>>>> Ideas?
    >>>>
    >>>> Server is down due to a cert problem. There is a thread on the
    >>>> subject in mozilla.general.
    >>>>
    >>>> Lee
    >>>
    >>> So there is. Should have known this is a general issue, not a TB one.
    >>> The last thread subject on this server with the word 'secnews' or
    >>> 'refuse' (relating to secnews) was January... Saw the bit about cert.
    >>> Didn't appear to prevent access then, though. Has it been down since
    >>> January?
    >>> Didn't think to search for netscape.com. my bad...
    >>>

    >>
    >> LOL I posted about it in ff so there are lotsa posts about it now.

    >
    > I just replied. I was nice to you and everything!
    >
    > Lee


    Thank you Lee. I appreciated the "roe" information suggestion. :-)

  6. Re: secnews is refusing me...

    Tonya Marshall wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Tonya Marshall wrote:
    >>> clay wrote:
    >>>> Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >>>>> clay wrote:
    >>>>>> could not connect to server secnews.bla bla bla the connection was
    >>>>>> refused.
    >>>>>> It's worked recently (before the last upgrade?) I haven't changed
    >>>>>> any settings.
    >>>>>> ssl & 563
    >>>>>> md5 is true.
    >>>>>> ssl2 is true.
    >>>>>> I even added ssl12 and ssl13 per some old posts (thanks Daniel!)
    >>>>>> since these didn't exist, and set them true.
    >>>>>> Still can't get in.
    >>>>>> Ideas?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Server is down due to a cert problem. There is a thread on the
    >>>>> subject in mozilla.general.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Lee
    >>>>
    >>>> So there is. Should have known this is a general issue, not a TB one.
    >>>> The last thread subject on this server with the word 'secnews' or
    >>>> 'refuse' (relating to secnews) was January... Saw the bit about cert.
    >>>> Didn't appear to prevent access then, though. Has it been down since
    >>>> January?
    >>>> Didn't think to search for netscape.com. my bad...
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> LOL I posted about it in ff so there are lotsa posts about it now.

    >>
    >> I just replied. I was nice to you and everything!
    >>
    >> Lee

    >
    > Thank you Lee. I appreciated the "roe" information suggestion. :-)


    Is secnews still broken or do I need to add more information to my
    subscription?

  7. Re: secnews is refusing me...

    Tonya Marshall wrote:

    > Is secnews still broken


    yes!

    --
    *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech
    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for
    some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup
    servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  8. Re: secnews is refusing me...

    On 08.06.2008 14:25, Tonya Marshall wrote:

    --- Original Message ---

    > Is secnews still broken or do I need to add more information to my
    > subscription?


    It appears that Secnews will not be updated with the new certificate and
    will no longer be available as soon as AOL finds the plug to unplug it.
    Sad but reality.

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  9. Re: secnews is refusing me...

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > On 08.06.2008 14:25, Tonya Marshall wrote:
    >
    > --- Original Message ---
    >
    >> Is secnews still broken or do I need to add more information to my
    >> subscription?

    >
    > It appears that Secnews will not be updated with the new certificate and
    > will no longer be available as soon as AOL finds the plug to unplug it.
    > Sad but reality.
    >



+ Reply to Thread