Help with ADD ONS! - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Help with ADD ONS! - Mozilla ; I was wondering where I could find out what are the limits of add-ons in thunderbird, for example, could I make an interactive program with a server? My idea is to create a programming application with the ability to plan ...

  1. Help with ADD ONS!

    I was wondering where I could find out what are the limits of add-ons in
    thunderbird, for example, could I make an interactive program with a server?

    My idea is to create a programming application with the ability to plan
    programs in detail and working in unison with a group, not just the
    simple tasks that a calendar provides. And more than that, an
    interactive program bank in which all these programs would be stored on
    a server and be accessible by completing search terms, is it possible to
    do this through thunderbird?

    I was thinking about just working with an opensource groupware site, but
    having such easy e-mail access with thunderbird, I was hoping that there
    was a possibility to create interactive web applications.

    The application would require the ability to search programs using
    specific parameters - social program, 20 people, under 10$ - here is
    something I wrote a while back
    http://www.usy.org/yourusy/pbank/search.asp - but its an on a website so
    it isnt easy to work with, The admin has to upload programs in a
    specific format.
    If there were an application in thunderbird where you could plan, set up
    task lists, complete and evaluate the program, and then upload these
    files as a package to a searchable database as a part of the
    application, which hundreds of people could access and search for
    programs and see the work that you did and edit the program for their
    needs, that is what I am looking for.
    Spreading the knowledge of good social programming
    I basically wanted to know if /something like/ this was possible to
    write the code for, or if I needed to work with groupware.
    Thanks!
    Ben

  2. Re: Help with ADD ONS!

    Ben David wrote:
    > I was wondering where I could find out what are the limits of add-ons
    > in thunderbird, for example, could I make an interactive program with
    > a server?
    >
    > My idea is to create a programming application with the ability to
    > plan programs in detail and working in unison with a group, not just
    > the simple tasks that a calendar provides. And more than that, an
    > interactive program bank in which all these programs would be stored
    > on a server and be accessible by completing search terms, is it
    > possible to do this through thunderbird?
    >
    > I was thinking about just working with an opensource groupware site,
    > but having such easy e-mail access with thunderbird, I was hoping that
    > there was a possibility to create interactive web applications.
    >
    > The application would require the ability to search programs using
    > specific parameters - social program, 20 people, under 10$ - here is
    > something I wrote a while back
    > http://www.usy.org/yourusy/pbank/search.asp - but its an on a website
    > so it isnt easy to work with, The admin has to upload programs in a
    > specific format.
    > If there were an application in thunderbird where you could plan, set
    > up task lists, complete and evaluate the program, and then upload
    > these files as a package to a searchable database as a part of the
    > application, which hundreds of people could access and search for
    > programs and see the work that you did and edit the program for their
    > needs, that is what I am looking for.
    > Spreading the knowledge of good social programming
    > I basically wanted to know if /something like/ this was possible to
    > write the code for, or if I needed to work with groupware.
    > Thanks!
    > Ben

    most likely, better to ask in
    mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird