Can receive emails but not send - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Can receive emails but not send - Mozilla ; Hi Experts, For about a year I have had no problem with sending/receiving emails with my 2.0.0.12 (20080123) TB. Last week I suddenly could not send emails but I could, and still can, receive them. I have contacted Yahoo and ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

  1. Can receive emails but not send

    Hi Experts,

    For about a year I have had no problem with
    sending/receiving emails with my 2.0.0.12 (20080123) TB.

    Last week I suddenly could not send emails but I could, and
    still can,
    receive them. I have contacted Yahoo and they gave me the
    correct
    settings, which are exactly what I have. I believe the
    problem may
    have happened when I had an auto update. I use AT&T DSL and
    Yahoo
    provides the support.

    TIA

    RF

  2. Re: Can receive emails but not send

    On 25-03-2008 18:52 CET, RF composed this enchanting statement:
    > Hi Experts,
    >
    > For about a year I have had no problem with
    > sending/receiving emails with my 2.0.0.12 (20080123) TB.
    >
    > Last week I suddenly could not send emails but I could, and still can,
    > receive them. I have contacted Yahoo and they gave me the correct
    > settings, which are exactly what I have. I believe the problem may
    > have happened when I had an auto update. I use AT&T DSL and Yahoo
    > provides the support.

    Please explain your smtp settings, for outbound mail, in detail.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  3. Re: Can receive emails but not send

    Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    > On 25-03-2008 18:52 CET, RF composed this enchanting statement:
    >> Hi Experts,
    >>
    >> For about a year I have had no problem with
    >> sending/receiving emails with my 2.0.0.12 (20080123) TB.
    >>
    >> Last week I suddenly could not send emails but I could, and still can,
    >> receive them. I have contacted Yahoo and they gave me the correct
    >> settings, which are exactly what I have. I believe the problem may
    >> have happened when I had an auto update. I use AT&T DSL and Yahoo
    >> provides the support.
    >>

    > Please explain your smtp settings, for outbound mail, in detail.

    Thank you Melchert.

    The settings are:

    Server name: smtp.att.yahoo.com
    Port 465
    Username: MyName@sbcglobal.net
    Secure Connection: SSL

  4. Re: Can receive emails but not send

    On 25-03-2008 22:33 CET, RF composed this enchanting statement:
    > Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    >> On 25-03-2008 18:52 CET, RF composed this enchanting statement:
    >>> Hi Experts,
    >>>
    >>> For about a year I have had no problem with
    >>> sending/receiving emails with my 2.0.0.12 (20080123) TB.
    >>>
    >>> Last week I suddenly could not send emails but I could, and still can,
    >>> receive them. I have contacted Yahoo and they gave me the correct
    >>> settings, which are exactly what I have. I believe the problem may
    >>> have happened when I had an auto update. I use AT&T DSL and Yahoo
    >>> provides the support.
    >>>

    >> Please explain your smtp settings, for outbound mail, in detail.

    > Thank you Melchert.
    >
    > The settings are:
    >
    > Server name: smtp.att.yahoo.com
    > Port 465
    > Username: MyName@sbcglobal.net
    > Secure Connection: SSL

    I ran a live test on that specification. Message seems to be sent off,
    but is not received at the other end (my Yahoo mail box).

    The user name (mine, at yahoo) seems ignored, as password authorization
    wasn't required.
    (Could the message possibly have been flushed down the drain by my ISP
    as untrusted outbound mail?)

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  5. Re: Can receive emails but not send

    On 3/25/2008 2:33 PM, RF wrote:
    > Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    >> On 25-03-2008 18:52 CET, RF composed this enchanting statement:
    >>> Hi Experts,
    >>>
    >>> For about a year I have had no problem with
    >>> sending/receiving emails with my 2.0.0.12 (20080123) TB.
    >>>
    >>> Last week I suddenly could not send emails but I could, and still can,
    >>> receive them. I have contacted Yahoo and they gave me the correct
    >>> settings, which are exactly what I have. I believe the problem may
    >>> have happened when I had an auto update. I use AT&T DSL and Yahoo
    >>> provides the support.
    >>>

    >> Please explain your smtp settings, for outbound mail, in detail.

    > Thank you Melchert.
    >
    > The settings are:
    >
    > Server name: smtp.att.yahoo.com
    > Port 465
    > Username: MyName@sbcglobal.net
    > Secure Connection: SSL

    Did you check your the username & password for your SMTP account? From
    TB>Tools>Options>Privacy>Passwords, click "Edit Saved Passwords"
    button. From Password Manager, click "Show Passwords."

  6. Re: Can receive emails but not send

    Wing wrote:
    > On 3/25/2008 2:33 PM, RF wrote:
    >> Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    >>> On 25-03-2008 18:52 CET, RF composed this enchanting statement:

    >>> Please explain your smtp settings, for outbound mail, in detail.

    >> Thank you Melchert.
    >>
    >> The settings are:
    >>
    >> Server name: smtp.att.yahoo.com
    >> Port 465
    >> Username: MyName@sbcglobal.net
    >> Secure Connection: SSL

    > Did you check your the username & password for your SMTP account? From
    > TB>Tools>Options>Privacy>Passwords, click "Edit Saved Passwords"
    > button. From Password Manager, click "Show Passwords."

    Thamk you Wing. You were right on the button. I had to
    change my passwords in
    TB and in the Member Services section of Yahoo. Now all is well.

    Thanks again

    RF

  7. Re: Can receive emails but not send

    Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    > On 25-03-2008 22:33 CET, RF composed this enchanting statement:
    >> Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    >>> On 25-03-2008 18:52 CET, RF composed this enchanting statement:

    >>> Please explain your smtp settings, for outbound mail, in detail.

    >> Thank you Melchert.
    >>
    >> The settings are:
    >>
    >> Server name: smtp.att.yahoo.com
    >> Port 465
    >> Username: MyName@sbcglobal.net
    >> Secure Connection: SSL

    > I ran a live test on that specification. Message seems to be sent off,
    > but is not received at the other end (my Yahoo mail box).
    >
    > The user name (mine, at yahoo) seems ignored, as password authorization
    > wasn't required.
    > (Could the message possibly have been flushed down the drain by my ISP
    > as untrusted outbound mail?)

    I have my problem sorted out, thanks to wing. See my post on
    this. It may
    help you too. Could be that the mail serves has been delayed
    - a repair
    maybe.

  8. Re: Can receive emails but not send

    Wing wrote:
    > On 3/25/2008 2:33 PM, RF wrote:
    >> Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    >>> On 25-03-2008 18:52 CET, RF composed this enchanting statement:

    >>> Please explain your smtp settings, for outbound mail, in detail.

    >> Thank you Melchert.
    >>
    >> The settings are:
    >>
    >> Server name: smtp.att.yahoo.com
    >> Port 465
    >> Username: MyName@sbcglobal.net
    >> Secure Connection: SSL

    > Did you check your the username & password for your SMTP account? From
    > TB>Tools>Options>Privacy>Passwords, click "Edit Saved Passwords"
    > button. From Password Manager, click "Show Passwords."

    Thamk you Wing. You were right on the button.

    I have solved the problem. First, I had to go to Yahoo
    Member Services and change the passwords there. Next I had
    to set up the Password Manager in Tbird and then start a
    download for each user. In each case a window popped open
    asking for the password. I entered it and it downloaded
    anything that was on the server. Then I went on to the next
    one and continued until all users' passwords were changed.
    Each of the windows had a little check box that, when
    checked, saved the password in the Password Manager's list,
    so you didn't have to input the password each time.

    HTHelps someone :-)

    RF

  9. Re: Can receive emails but not send

    Wing wrote:
    > On 3/25/2008 2:33 PM, RF wrote:
    >> Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    >>> On 25-03-2008 18:52 CET, RF composed this enchanting statement:

    >>> Please explain your smtp settings, for outbound mail, in detail.

    >> Thank you Melchert.
    >>
    >> The settings are:
    >>
    >> Server name: smtp.att.yahoo.com
    >> Port 465
    >> Username: MyName@sbcglobal.net
    >> Secure Connection: SSL

    > Did you check your the username & password for your SMTP account? From
    > TB>Tools>Options>Privacy>Passwords, click "Edit Saved Passwords"
    > button. From Password Manager, click "Show Passwords."

    Thank you Wing for your help. You were right on. Here is
    what I had to do:

    First I had to set up the Password Manager with the Master
    Password. It is in TBird Tools | Options | Privacy where
    there is
    a button Edit Saved Passwords. All this does is open the window
    where the list of user passwords appear. When the window opens
    click on the Show Passwords button. You will need to enter the
    master password now to view the present user passwords. You
    can't do anything with that window, except open and close it.

    Next I went to the Yahoo Member Services and changed all the
    user passwords there. Then I returned to TBird to start a
    download for each user. In each case a window popped open
    asking
    for the password. I entered it and it downloaded anything that
    was on the server. Then I went on to the next one and continued
    until all users' passwords were changed. Each of the windows
    had
    a little check box that, when checked, saved the password in
    the
    Password Manager's list, so you don't have to input the
    password
    each time.

    I hope this helps someone :-)

    RF

  10. Re: Can receive emails but not send

    On 26-03-2008 04:05 CET, RF composed this enchanting statement:
    > Melchert Fruitema wrote:

    >>> Thank you Melchert.
    >>>
    >>> The settings are:
    >>>
    >>> Server name: smtp.att.yahoo.com
    >>> Port 465
    >>> Username: MyName@sbcglobal.net
    >>> Secure Connection: SSL

    >> I ran a live test on that specification. Message seems to be sent
    >> off, but is not received at the other end (my Yahoo mail box).
    >>
    >> The user name (mine, at yahoo) seems ignored, as password
    >> authorization wasn't required.
    >> (Could the message possibly have been flushed down the drain by my
    >> ISP as untrusted outbound mail?)

    > I have my problem sorted out, thanks to wing. See my post on this. It may
    > help you too. Could be that the mail serves has been delayed - a repair
    > maybe.

    Don't bother, it was only a test.

    I've read Wing's recipe. The password authorization was the key. Didn't
    you get any warning message?

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  11. Re: Can receive emails but not send

    RF wrote:
    > Hi Experts,
    >
    > For about a year I have had no problem with
    > sending/receiving emails with my 2.0.0.12 (20080123) TB.
    >
    > Last week I suddenly could not send emails but I could, and still can,
    > receive them. I have contacted Yahoo and they gave me the correct
    > settings, which are exactly what I have. I believe the problem may
    > have happened when I had an auto update. I use AT&T DSL and Yahoo
    > provides the support.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > RF

    Be aware that Yahoo and anyone ISP's linked to AT&T, have introduced/are
    introducing a change in mail server configuration which means that if
    you are using their smtp servers you cannot use a FROM address that is
    different from the account itself, unless you verify that address in
    your mail account. This applies to using domain addresses as FROM
    addresses, and also to using alternative ISP addresses as FROM address.
    If the account is using the default smtp servers and the pop3 name, the
    FROM address username and the smtp authenticated server name are not all
    the same, you will get a 533 error until you add the various addresses
    to that account for "verification".

    The process is described here - although this is a specifically Yahoo!
    page and the details for individual ISP's may differ
    http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...ndfrom-07.html
    and has generated an enormous amount of confusion for an incredible
    number of customers as it seems to have been done without much in the
    way of announcement or warning.
    So anyone using a private domain addressor an alternate ISP address in
    the FROM field, who is using the vanilla ISP default smtp servers to
    send, is getting a 533 error message.

    For an email like TB which by default uses a common default smtp server
    for all mail accounts unless you set up extra ones, this has resulted in
    a lot of 533 error messages lot of customers.
    My own UK ISP which is Yahoo linked, hadn't a clue what was going on,
    and the support advice has been hopeless but they have eventually
    cottoned on to what was happening.

    --
    Rev Robert M Jones, Wimborne Baptist Church, UK
    http://www.wimborne-baptist.org.uk

  12. Re: Can receive emails but not send

    On 3/26/2008 2:27 AM, Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    > On 26-03-2008 04:05 CET, RF composed this enchanting statement:
    >> Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    >>> On 25-03-2008 22:33 CET, RF composed this enchanting statement:

    >>> I ran a live test on that specification. Message seems to be sent
    >>> off, but is not received at the other end (my Yahoo mail box).
    >>>
    >>> The user name (mine, at yahoo) seems ignored, as password
    >>> authorization wasn't required.
    >>> (Could the message possibly have been flushed down the drain by my
    >>> ISP as untrusted outbound mail?)

    >> I have my problem sorted out, thanks to wing. See my post on this. It
    >> may
    >> help you too. Could be that the mail serves has been delayed - a repair
    >> maybe.

    > Don't bother, it was only a test.
    >
    > I've read Wing's recipe. The password authorization was the key.
    > Didn't you get any warning message?

    AFAIK, TB2 won't prompt anything for wrong password. For that user will
    have no ideas what's going on. Maybe it's going to change in TB3.

    --
    Wing

  13. Re: Can receive emails but not send

    On 3/25/2008 8:01 PM, RF wrote:
    > Wing wrote:

    >>> Thank you Melchert.
    >>>
    >>> The settings are:
    >>>
    >>> Server name: smtp.att.yahoo.com
    >>> Port 465
    >>> Username: MyName@sbcglobal.net
    >>> Secure Connection: SSL

    >> Did you check your the username & password for your SMTP account?
    >> From TB>Tools>Options>Privacy>Passwords, click "Edit Saved Passwords"
    >> button. From Password Manager, click "Show Passwords."

    > Thamk you Wing. You were right on the button. I had to change my
    > passwords in
    > TB and in the Member Services section of Yahoo. Now all is well.
    >
    > Thanks again
    >
    > RF

    You're welcome!

    --
    Wing

  14. Re: Can receive emails but not send

    * Robert M Jones wrote, On 3/26/2008 02:42:
    > RF wrote:
    >> Hi Experts,
    >>
    >> For about a year I have had no problem with
    >> sending/receiving emails with my 2.0.0.12 (20080123) TB.
    >>
    >> Last week I suddenly could not send emails but I could, and still can,
    >> receive them. I have contacted Yahoo and they gave me the correct
    >> settings, which are exactly what I have. I believe the problem may
    >> have happened when I had an auto update. I use AT&T DSL and Yahoo
    >> provides the support.
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> RF

    > Be aware that Yahoo and anyone ISP's linked to AT&T, have introduced/are
    > introducing a change in mail server configuration which means that if
    > you are using their smtp servers you cannot use a FROM address that is
    > different from the account itself, unless you verify that address in
    > your mail account. This applies to using domain addresses as FROM
    > addresses, and also to using alternative ISP addresses as FROM address.
    > If the account is using the default smtp servers and the pop3 name, the
    > FROM address username and the smtp authenticated server name are not all
    > the same, you will get a 533 error until you add the various addresses
    > to that account for "verification".
    >
    > The process is described here - although this is a specifically Yahoo!
    > page and the details for individual ISP's may differ
    > http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...ndfrom-07.html
    > and has generated an enormous amount of confusion for an incredible
    > number of customers as it seems to have been done without much in the
    > way of announcement or warning.
    > So anyone using a private domain addressor an alternate ISP address in
    > the FROM field, who is using the vanilla ISP default smtp servers to
    > send, is getting a 533 error message.
    >
    > For an email like TB which by default uses a common default smtp server
    > for all mail accounts unless you set up extra ones, this has resulted in
    > a lot of 533 error messages lot of customers.
    > My own UK ISP which is Yahoo linked, hadn't a clue what was going on,
    > and the support advice has been hopeless but they have eventually
    > cottoned on to what was happening.

    Thank you for the link and that has partially fixed my difficulties.
    This started last week and when I called my ISP they said the only
    solution would be to use different accounts for each address in TB,
    which I do not want to do, merely use the drop down "from" window.

    However, Yahoo's fix is limited. It only allows one additional address
    and I have two aliases. The first alias now works, but the 3rd will not.

    quote
    Sometimes one email address isn't enough. Need an extra one for work,
    school, or family? Yahoo! Mail lets you create one extra email address
    for free. Use it exactly like your primary address, and get messages
    sent to both addresses delivered to one Inbox. Remember though, you can
    only get one extra mail address for your account. unquote

    Have sent 4 test msgs with the 2nd alias and none will go through. In
    TB 2.0.0.12 don't see the 533 error msg, merely see an error msg that
    the address was not verified and to check the address, etc.

    Now would like to know what Yahoo has up their sleeve to allow more than
    one alias????

    Miles

  15. Re: Can receive emails but not send

    Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    > On 26-03-2008 04:05 CET, RF composed this enchanting statement:
    >> Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    >>> On 25-03-2008 22:33 CET, RF composed this enchanting statement:

    >>> I ran a live test on that specification. Message seems to be sent
    >>> off, but is not received at the other end (my Yahoo mail box).
    >>>
    >>> The user name (mine, at yahoo) seems ignored, as password
    >>> authorization wasn't required.
    >>> (Could the message possibly have been flushed down the drain by my
    >>> ISP as untrusted outbound mail?)

    >> I have my problem sorted out, thanks to wing. See my post on this. It may
    >> help you too. Could be that the mail serves has been delayed - a repair
    >> maybe.

    > Don't bother, it was only a test.
    >
    > I've read Wing's recipe. The password authorization was the key. Didn't
    > you get any warning message?

    No warning. When I tried to send, it would keep popping up a
    window asking
    for the password

  16. Re: Can receive emails but not send

    Miles wrote:
> [...]

    > which I do not want to do, merely use the drop down "from" window.
    >
    > However, Yahoo's fix is limited. It only allows one additional address
    > and I have two aliases. The first alias now works, but the 3rd will not.
    >
    > quote
    > Sometimes one email address isn't enough. Need an extra one for work,
    > school, or family? Yahoo! Mail lets you create one extra email address
    > for free. Use it exactly like your primary address, and get messages
    > sent to both addresses delivered to one Inbox. Remember though, you can
    > only get one extra mail address for your account. unquote
    >
    > Have sent 4 test msgs with the 2nd alias and none will go through. In
    > TB 2.0.0.12 don't see the 533 error msg, merely see an error msg that
    > the address was not verified and to check the address, etc.
    >
    > Now would like to know what Yahoo has up their sleeve to allow more than

    It is quite confusing if someone has only the default smtp server - it
    isn't immediately obvious where another one can be inserted when you are
    in an individual account and looking at the Outgoing Server box in the
    Account Settings window for a given account. But of course in the
    Outgoing Server window there is the option to add another smtp server
    username and server address - and once you have done that, a drop down
    appears in the Outgoing Server windows in the individual Account
    Settings opening window making switching servers quite simple.

    for any BTYahoo! customers (or other Yahoo related ISP customers who
    might be affected) there are some userfriendly instructions I had a hand
    in writing here
    http://www.andyweb.co.uk/shortcuts/smtperror553.htm
    they may not exactly fit your particular webmail interface if you are
    not a BT customer but they might help you understand the yahoo page itself,
    http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...ndfrom-07.html
    and they also contain some hints for setting up individual common email
    clients.

    Please spread these 2 urls around!

    --
    Rev Robert M Jones, Wimborne Baptist Church, UK
    http://www.wimborne-baptist.org.uk
    Free trial of Mailwasher Pro - effective email spam filter - (commission
    goes to our partners in Bulgaria)
    http://fta.firetrust.com/index.cgi?id=420

  17. Re: Can receive emails but not send

    * RF wrote, On 3/26/2008 11:14:
    > Miles wrote:
    >> * Robert M Jones wrote, On 3/26/2008 02:42:

    >>> Be aware that Yahoo and anyone ISP's linked to AT&T, have
    >>> introduced/are introducing a change in mail server configuration
    >>> which means that if you are using their smtp servers you cannot use a
    >>> FROM address that is different from the account itself, unless you
    >>> verify that address in your mail account. This applies to using
    >>> domain addresses as FROM addresses, and also to using alternative ISP
    >>> addresses as FROM address. If the account is using the default smtp
    >>> servers and the pop3 name, the FROM address username and the smtp
    >>> authenticated server name are not all the same, you will get a 533
    >>> error until you add the various addresses to that account for
    >>> "verification".
    >>>
    >>> The process is described here - although this is a specifically
    >>> Yahoo! page and the details for individual ISP's may differ
    >>> http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...ndfrom-07.html
    >>> and has generated an enormous amount of confusion for an incredible
    >>> number of customers as it seems to have been done without much in the
    >>> way of announcement or warning.
    >>> So anyone using a private domain addressor an alternate ISP address
    >>> in the FROM field, who is using the vanilla ISP default smtp servers
    >>> to send, is getting a 533 error message.
    >>>
    >>> For an email like TB which by default uses a common default smtp
    >>> server for all mail accounts unless you set up extra ones, this has
    >>> resulted in a lot of 533 error messages lot of customers.
    >>> My own UK ISP which is Yahoo linked, hadn't a clue what was going on,
    >>> and the support advice has been hopeless but they have eventually
    >>> cottoned on to what was happening.
    >>>

    >> Thank you for the link and that has partially fixed my difficulties.
    >> This started last week and when I called my ISP they said the only
    >> solution would be to use different accounts for each address in TB,
    >> which I do not want to do, merely use the drop down "from" window.
    >>
    >> However, Yahoo's fix is limited. It only allows one additional
    >> address and I have two aliases. The first alias now works, but the
    >> 3rd will not.
    >>
    >> quote
    >> Sometimes one email address isn't enough. Need an extra one for work,
    >> school, or family? Yahoo! Mail lets you create one extra email address
    >> for free. Use it exactly like your primary address, and get messages
    >> sent to both addresses delivered to one Inbox. Remember though, you
    >> can only get one extra mail address for your account. unquote
    >>
    >> Have sent 4 test msgs with the 2nd alias and none will go through. In
    >> TB 2.0.0.12 don't see the 533 error msg, merely see an error msg that
    >> the address was not verified and to check the address, etc.
    >>
    >> Now would like to know what Yahoo has up their sleeve to allow more
    >> than one alias????
    >>
    >> Miles

    > Strange. I have 10 SBCGlobal addresses from Yahoo. Is AT&T your ISP?

    Yes, now I'll try Robert's suggestions. (att.yahoo.com)

  18. Re: Can receive emails but not send

    * Robert M Jones wrote, On 3/26/2008 10:14:
> [...]

    > Account Settings window for a given account. But of course in the
    > Outgoing Server window there is the option to add another smtp server
    > username and server address - and once you have done that, a drop down
    > appears in the Outgoing Server windows in the individual Account
    > Settings opening window making switching servers quite simple.
    >
    > for any BTYahoo! customers (or other Yahoo related ISP customers who
    > might be affected) there are some userfriendly instructions I had a hand
    > in writing here
    > http://www.andyweb.co.uk/shortcuts/smtperror553.htm
    > they may not exactly fit your particular webmail interface if you are
    > not a BT customer but they might help you understand the yahoo page itself,
    > http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...ndfrom-07.html
    > and they also contain some hints for setting up individual common email

    Before reading your email I found in Yahoo's website the field to add
    alternate email addresses in my account and put the two addition there
    and they are working fine. Prior had never looked closely at their web
    page because I scarcely ever use their website -- only when traveling
    and my thumb drive fails, which isn't very often.

    Then read your email and also added the two to TB's outgoing server as
    you suggest, and it continues to work fine. Presumably that will cover
    me in the event Yahoo again makes changes without notification (as usual).

    Also I'll call my ISP's tech service and let them know of Yahoo and your
    methods to fix this. (however since, ATT doesn't support TB they may
    not be interested -- I have told 2nd level tech to tell their superiors
    to get in touch with the real world and support the growing TB mail
    client -- many agree as they use FF & TB!
    Miles

  19. Re: Can receive emails but not send

    Miles wrote:
> [...]

    > and I have two aliases. The first alias now works, but the 3rd will not.
    >
    > quote
    > Sometimes one email address isn't enough. Need an extra one for work,
    > school, or family? Yahoo! Mail lets you create one extra email address
    > for free. Use it exactly like your primary address, and get messages
    > sent to both addresses delivered to one Inbox. Remember though, you can
    > only get one extra mail address for your account. unquote
    >
    > Have sent 4 test msgs with the 2nd alias and none will go through. In
    > TB 2.0.0.12 don't see the 533 error msg, merely see an error msg that
    > the address was not verified and to check the address, etc.
    >
    > Now would like to know what Yahoo has up their sleeve to allow more than
    > one alias????
    >
    > Miles

    Strange. I have 10 SBCGlobal addresses from Yahoo. Is AT&T

  20. Re: Can receive emails but not send

    Miles wrote:
> [...]

    > Before reading your email I found in Yahoo's website the field to add
    > alternate email addresses in my account and put the two addition there
    > and they are working fine. Prior had never looked closely at their web
    > page because I scarcely ever use their website -- only when traveling
    > and my thumb drive fails, which isn't very often.
    >
    > Then read your email and also added the two to TB's outgoing server as
    > you suggest, and it continues to work fine. Presumably that will cover
    > me in the event Yahoo again makes changes without notification (as usual).
    >
    > Also I'll call my ISP's tech service and let them know of Yahoo and your
    > methods to fix this. (however since, ATT doesn't support TB they may
    > not be interested -- I have told 2nd level tech to tell their superiors
    > to get in touch with the real world and support the growing TB mail
    > client -- many agree as they use FF & TB!

    The yahoo help page unfortunately misses out a vital first step - to
    tell users to access their webmail interface!