Speaking of Junk... - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Speaking of Junk... - Mozilla ; What's with today's spam from susi40005@googlemail.com in this and the FF NG? I'm not the only one getting it, am I? -- Mike RJS...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Speaking of Junk...

  1. Speaking of Junk...

    What's with today's spam from susi40005@googlemail.com in this and the FF
    NG? I'm not the only one getting it, am I?
    --
    Mike RJS

  2. Re: Speaking of Junk...

    On 14/03/2008 15:55, mike elliott wrote:
    > What's with today's spam from susi40005@googlemail.com in this and the
    > FF NG? I'm not the only one getting it, am I?


    No, posted in several usenet groups.


    --
    wtwjgc (Joe)
    http://www.localcooling.com/ref/?type=link&id=26575

  3. Re: Speaking of Junk...

    On 3/14/2008 9:13 AM wtwjgc wrote:

    > On 14/03/2008 15:55, mike elliott wrote:
    >> What's with today's spam from susi40005@googlemail.com in this and the
    >> FF NG? I'm not the only one getting it, am I?

    >
    > No, posted in several usenet groups.
    >
    >
    >


    Charming . . .

    --
    Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott

  4. Re: Speaking of Junk...



    Mike Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
    > On 3/14/2008 9:13 AM wtwjgc wrote:
    >
    >> On 14/03/2008 15:55, mike elliott wrote:
    >>> What's with today's spam from susi40005@googlemail.com in this and the
    >>> FF NG? I'm not the only one getting it, am I?

    >> No, posted in several usenet groups.
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >
    > Charming . . .
    >


    I'm sure some of you looked at it LOL

    --
    Mac OSX 10.5.2/C2D 2.2 + 4GB RAM
    Thunderbird 2.0 + Enigmail + GnuPG 1.4.8

  5. Re: Speaking of Junk...



    So how are they pulling this off? I've been in other lists where spam
    will get in using an address that is not in membership of the list.

    What goes, Mr President?

    And why is it that sometimes I click reply and I get the individual and
    other times I get the list address???

    Joseph


    _____
    Billy O Clinton wrote:
    > Mike Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
    >
    >> On 3/14/2008 9:13 AM wtwjgc wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>> On 14/03/2008 15:55, mike elliott wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> What's with today's spam from susi40005@googlemail.com in this and the
    >>>> FF NG? I'm not the only one getting it, am I?
    >>>>
    >>> No, posted in several usenet groups.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>

    >> Charming . . .
    >>
    >>

    >
    > I'm sure some of you looked at it LOL
    >
    >


  6. Re: Speaking of Junk...

    mike elliott wrote:
    > What's with today's spam from susi40005@googlemail.com in this and the
    > FF NG? I'm not the only one getting it, am I?

    no. everybody does... are you jealous ?

  7. Re: Speaking of Junk...

    On 3/14/2008 11:25 AM ovidiu wrote:

    > mike elliott wrote:
    >> What's with today's spam from susi40005@googlemail.com in this and the
    >> FF NG? I'm not the only one getting it, am I?

    > no. everybody does... are you jealous ?


    Yeah. Aw shucks -- I thought I was special.

    --

    Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott

  8. Re: Speaking of Junk...

    mike elliott wrote:
    > What's with today's spam from susi40005@googlemail.com in this and the FF
    > NG? I'm not the only one getting it, am I?


    I haven't seen a single spam here/there.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org
    Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

  9. Re: Speaking of Junk...

    wtwjgc wrote:
    > On 14/03/2008 15:55, mike elliott wrote:
    >> What's with today's spam from susi40005@googlemail.com in this and the
    >> FF NG? I'm not the only one getting it, am I?

    >
    > No, posted in several usenet groups.
    >


    So filter it. See sig.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org


  10. Re: Speaking of Junk...

    Joseph wrote:
    >
    >
    > So how are they pulling this off? I've been in other lists where spam
    > will get in using an address that is not in membership of the list.
    >
    > What goes, Mr President?
    >
    > And why is it that sometimes I click reply and I get the individual and
    > other times I get the list address???
    >
    > Joseph
    >


    Please bottom post in these newsgroups, that is, place your reply below
    the quoted text, as I am doing here. It make the thread much easier to
    follow if we follow a common quote/reply system.


    Simply put, this is not an email list. Its a newsgroup that is mirrored
    by an email list. Most of use access it via a newsgroup account in a
    newsreader. Due to mozilla.org's decision to allow posting from google
    groups, we are wide open to this kind of attack.

    Lee

  11. Re: Speaking of Junk...

    On 14.03.2008 16:55, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused mike elliott
    to generate the following:? :
    > What's with today's spam from susi40005@googlemail.com in this and the FF
    > NG? I'm not the only one getting it, am I?
    >


    been going on for a couple of days now - with several complaints from users.

    I think that the Moderator, List Owner and several other high-sounding
    positions (Chris Illias) simply isn't doing his (moderator's) job!

    reg

  12. Re: Speaking of Junk...

    On 14.03.2008 23:13, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Blinky the
    Shark to generate the following:? :
    > mike elliott wrote:
    >
    >> What's with today's spam from susi40005@googlemail.com in this and the FF
    >> NG? I'm not the only one getting it, am I?
    >>

    >
    > I haven't seen a single spam here/there.
    >
    >


    hmmmm - check your options?? ;-)

    reg

  13. Re: Speaking of Junk...

    On 15.03.2008 06:29, squaredancer wrote:

    --- Original Message ---

    > I think that the Moderator, List Owner and several other high-sounding
    > positions (Chris Illias) simply isn't doing his (moderator's) job!


    It's not Chris's job but rather that of the abuse desk at Google because
    that's where the spam is generated - groups.google.com

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  14. Re: Speaking of Junk...

    On 15.03.2008 13:39, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Jay Garcia to
    generate the following:? :
    > On 15.03.2008 06:29, squaredancer wrote:
    >
    > --- Original Message ---
    >
    >
    >> I think that the Moderator, List Owner and several other high-sounding
    >> positions (Chris Illias) simply isn't doing his (moderator's) job!
    >>

    >
    > It's not Chris's job but rather that of the abuse desk at Google because
    > that's where the spam is generated - groups.google.com
    >
    >


    he considers it to be his job to monitor ALL posts to these groups - he
    isn't doing it (except for selected posters ??)

    reg

  15. Re: Speaking of Junk...

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 14.03.2008 23:13, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Blinky the
    > Shark to generate the following:? :
    >> mike elliott wrote:
    >>
    >>> What's with today's spam from susi40005@googlemail.com in this and the FF
    >>> NG? I'm not the only one getting it, am I?
    >>>

    >> I haven't seen a single spam here/there.
    >>
    >>

    >
    > hmmmm - check your options?? ;-)


    Why? The reason is that I bin GG posts.

    Check yours.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org
    Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

  16. Re: Speaking of Junk...

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > On 15.03.2008 06:29, squaredancer wrote:
    >
    > --- Original Message ---
    >
    >> I think that the Moderator, List Owner and several other high-sounding
    >> positions (Chris Illias) simply isn't doing his (moderator's) job!

    >
    > It's not Chris's job but rather that of the abuse desk at Google because
    > that's where the spam is generated - groups.google.com


    Nobody's holding a gun to anyone's head to make them peer with Google.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org
    Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

  17. Re: Speaking of Junk...

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Joseph wrote:
    >>
    >> So how are they pulling this off? I've been in other lists where spam
    >> will get in using an address that is not in membership of the list.
    >>
    >> What goes, Mr President?
    >>
    >> And why is it that sometimes I click reply and I get the individual
    >> and other times I get the list address???
    >>
    >> Joseph

    >
    > Please bottom post in these newsgroups, that is, place your reply below
    > the quoted text, as I am doing here. It make the thread much easier to
    > follow if we follow a common quote/reply system.
    >
    > Simply put, this is not an email list. Its a newsgroup that is mirrored
    > by an email list. Most of use access it via a newsgroup account in a
    > newsreader. Due to mozilla.org's decision to allow posting from google
    > groups, we are wide open to this kind of attack.


    I for one hope they change that, or at least add some reasonable hurdle.

    BR,
    Gudmund

+ Reply to Thread