Address book disappeared, but is backed up and... - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Address book disappeared, but is backed up and... - Mozilla ; Apparently, when the inbox exceeds a certain size, the current address books are backed up and suddenly the address book that is opened in TB starts over! So, the message TB sent at the time, says I have a file ...

  1. Address book disappeared, but is backed up and...

    Apparently, when the inbox exceeds a certain size, the current address
    books are backed up and suddenly the address book that is opened in TB
    starts over!
    So, the message TB sent at the time, says I have a file called
    abook.mab.bak
    This is found in the path root\Documents and Settings\Jer\Application
    Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\qkuu756l.default
    How does one re-install the file into address book?
    It can be opened with Notepad, but the formatting is not like a csv,
    ldif etc. I tried just importing it, but that didn't work. From the
    size of it, it must have Collected Addresses as well as Main Address
    book entries.
    Anyone ever been able to recover the bak file into the address book again?
    I have reduced the size of my Inbox, so should be ok. I read that 4 G
    is the max size.
    Thx

  2. Re: Address book disappeared, but is backed up and...

    Jaybee wrote:
    > Apparently, when the inbox exceeds a certain size, the current address
    > books are backed up and suddenly the address book that is opened in TB
    > starts over!
    > So, the message TB sent at the time, says I have a file called
    > abook.mab.bak
    > This is found in the path root\Documents and Settings\Jer\Application
    > Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\qkuu756l.default
    > How does one re-install the file into address book?
    > It can be opened with Notepad, but the formatting is not like a csv,
    > ldif etc. I tried just importing it, but that didn't work. From the
    > size of it, it must have Collected Addresses as well as Main Address
    > book entries.
    > Anyone ever been able to recover the bak file into the address book again?
    > I have reduced the size of my Inbox, so should be ok. I read that 4 G
    > is the max size.
    > Thx

    Well, I guess renaming the bak file works fine, so, if you have any more
    info to educate, please reply, but the Address book is back and looks
    current.

  3. Re: Address book disappeared, but is backed up and...

    Jaybee wrote:
    > Apparently, when the inbox exceeds a certain size, the current address
    > books are backed up and suddenly the address book that is opened in TB
    > starts over!
    > So, the message TB sent at the time, says I have a file called
    > abook.mab.bak
    > This is found in the path root\Documents and Settings\Jer\Application
    > Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\qkuu756l.default
    > How does one re-install the file into address book?
    > It can be opened with Notepad, but the formatting is not like a csv,
    > ldif etc. I tried just importing it, but that didn't work. From the
    > size of it, it must have Collected Addresses as well as Main Address
    > book entries.
    > Anyone ever been able to recover the bak file into the address book again?
    > I have reduced the size of my Inbox, so should be ok. I read that 4 G
    > is the max size.
    > Thx

    Well, I guess renaming the bak file works fine, so, if you have any more
    info to educate, please reply, but the Address book is back and looks
    current.

+ Reply to Thread