T/B crashes - Mozilla

This is a discussion on T/B crashes - Mozilla ; After several years of using T/B with pleasure I now can only echo the sentiments of Mandehu (incessant crashes). While I have had occasional crashes in the past that required and uninstall/reinstall to correct, I am now lost and ready ...

  1. T/B crashes

    After several years of using T/B with pleasure I now can only echo the sentiments of Mandehu (incessant crashes).

    While I have had occasional crashes in the past that required and uninstall/reinstall to correct, I am now lost and ready to abandon T/B due to the following problems some of which appear to correlate with those of Mandehu:

    1 Perhaps "crash" is the wrong word but T/B partially freezes. I can move from one message to another with mouse control but a mouse click will not open the message file. I cannot delete files in this mode either Mouse control is mostly lost except for selecting (but not opening) files and I am able to close T/B by clicking the Red X.

    2. Closing T/B and reopening after (1) occurs results in perhaps a half hour to load the inbox messages after which (1) may simply re-establish itself. This may happen several times a day even if T/B is only left 'idling' i.e. not being the active screen but running in the background.

    3. Closing T/B and then attempting to reopen MAY result in total inability to reopen T/B, but not always. Even if it loads, condition (1) still persists and it takes a cold boot to even restore the next frustration cycle.

    4. Most of this frustrating experience seems to have come with the "upgrade?" to version 12.

    5. Now, even reloading version 9 no longer seems to correct the problem. It appears that 12 has left some residual in the registry that is not removed by the "uninstall" wizard.

    6 Unless someone has a REAL solution I may have to return to Outlook Express ...sigh!

    Thanks to anyone who might help.

    RJR
    ..

  2. Re: T/B crashes

    rjreilly2@comcast.net wrote:
    > After several years of using T/B with pleasure I now can only echo the sentiments of Mandehu (incessant crashes).
    >
    > While I have had occasional crashes in the past that required and uninstall/reinstall to correct, I am now lost and ready to abandon T/B due to the following problems some of which appear to correlate with those of Mandehu:
    >
    > 1 Perhaps "crash" is the wrong word but T/B partially freezes. I can move from one message to another with mouse control but a mouse click will not open the message file. I cannot delete files in this mode either Mouse control is mostly lost except for selecting (but not opening) files and I am able to close T/B by clicking the Red X.
    >
    > 2. Closing T/B and reopening after (1) occurs results in perhaps a half hour to load the inbox messages after which (1) may simply re-establish itself. This may happen several times a day even if T/B is only left 'idling' i.e. not being the active screen but running in the background.
    >
    > 3. Closing T/B and then attempting to reopen MAY result in total inability to reopen T/B, but not always. Even if it loads, condition (1) still persists and it takes a cold boot to even restore the next frustration cycle.
    >
    > 4. Most of this frustrating experience seems to have come with the "upgrade?" to version 12.
    >
    > 5. Now, even reloading version 9 no longer seems to correct the problem. It appears that 12 has left some residual in the registry that is not removed by the "uninstall" wizard.
    >
    > 6 Unless someone has a REAL solution I may have to return to Outlook Express ...sigh!
    >
    > Thanks to anyone who might help.
    >
    > RJR
    > .

    Uninstalling/re-installing isn't going to do anything for you.

    To be able to assist, we need some more information, such as.
    Which Operating System (Windows?), which version?
    How much RAM do you have?
    How many extensions are you using?

+ Reply to Thread