Mail headers appearing in a tree view - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Mail headers appearing in a tree view - Mozilla ; I've always had my mail appear as a simple list. Suddenly it's appearing in an annoying tree view with a node for today, another node for yesterday, etc. Why is it doing this and how do I get back to ...

  1. Mail headers appearing in a tree view

    I've always had my mail appear as a simple list.

    Suddenly it's appearing in an annoying tree view with a node for today,
    another node for yesterday, etc. Why is it doing this and how do I get back
    to a simple list view?

    Neil

  2. Re: Mail headers appearing in a tree view

    Neil Youngman wrote:
    > I've always had my mail appear as a simple list.
    >
    > Suddenly it's appearing in an annoying tree view with a node for today,
    > another node for yesterday, etc. Why is it doing this and how do I get back
    > to a simple list view?
    >
    > Neil

    If I am understanding you correctly, you have activated Grouped by Sort,
    probably by an inadvertent tap on the g key.

    View>>Sort by

    Uncheck Grouped by Sort.

    If that's not the problem, poke around in the Veiw dropdown to get the
    listing you prefer.

    Lee

  3. Re: Mail headers appearing in a tree view

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > Neil Youngman wrote:
    >> I've always had my mail appear as a simple list.
    >>
    >> Suddenly it's appearing in an annoying tree view with a node for today,
    >> another node for yesterday, etc. Why is it doing this and how do I get
    >> back to a simple list view?
    >>
    >> Neil

    > If I am understanding you correctly, you have activated Grouped by Sort,
    > probably by an inadvertent tap on the g key.
    >

    > View>>Sort by
    >
    > Uncheck Grouped by Sort.

    It doesn't uncheck, but selecting unthreaded did the trick.

    Thanks

    Neil

+ Reply to Thread